Olympic Peninsula Deer

Started by unknown_one, April 09, 2006, 05:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alboy

Unknown-one

Seems we are the only talking about this. Still trying to stay in touch but will not make it to Washington this year either. I have a Colorado deal working that may pan, who knows for sure right now.

We hunted Texas whitetail with a vengence last year but did not do any good in the freezer. Local laws for us were very restrictive.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

unknown_one

You never know when someone might stubble through here.

I may get a little more time this year to go after elk. I did see couple of cows last year during deer season but only because they steped out in the road in front of me just after dark. (Nothing like a little excitement).

Is your Colorado deal with friends, an outfitter/guide or ? I've looked into a guided out of state trip (it'd be great to get Dad to go along) but they are big bucks.

Alboy

wWith
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Alboy

With a friend. He just landed the property for his exclusive use. Should be interesting.

I will ask if he is interested in paying guests and the cost. No promisses but you never know. Would your and your dad be it or maybe a few more?
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Brithunter

Would love to but it's a bit far and expensive, heck the travel is way ot of reach of my pocket in the foreseeable future. Good luck to you both.
Go Get them Floyd!

unknown_one

I got a buck hanging out in my yard....mmuuuuhhhhaaaaahhhh!

unknown_one

Epic 4th year bump.

You have to give me credit for persistance.

:MOGRIN:

M. R. Byrd

Please don't be discouraged----you know that good things happen for those that wait.
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

unknown_one

If I was easily discouraged, I'd have given up hunting long ago ;)

unknown_one

5th year bump!

I will not let this thread die!

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

unknown_one

I got one last year. There was a big doe with a couple of yearling fawns that took up residence in and around my yard, it helped that I was feeding them grain too.  She'd let me get within 10 yards of her too, its hard to miss with a bow at that range.

My 2 young girls got watch the whole thing including gutting and butchering, they thought it was very cool and deer butt on the barbie is now a favorite.

unknown_one

Contrary to current rumor, the world did not stop and I did not fall off.  However, if anyone is still interested in hunting out here, let me know :)

gitano

Glad to see you, unknown_one!

Never say die!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

Glad you are still here. Still trying to get to Colorado and Washington. Big changes in disposable income really kink the deal. Now working for school district as a security guard.

Good to see ya got one though. Pictures
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Tags: