I'm Loosing My,,,,

Started by Hunterman, November 14, 2005, 12:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunterman

,,,Best hunting partner :( Quick Draw has joined our Armed Forces...The U.S.Army, just like her Grandad, Uncles(2 out of 3) and me..She has always wanted to go in, but I wanted her to get some more schooling behind her first and a little more maturity...She'll be in the medical field( medical logistics I think ) and working towards a nursing degree.. And after she get to her perm. duty station my father in law told her to check into the rifle team.. Wouldn't that be something to see our Quick Draw in the Olympics :D

Erins recruter is going to pick her up sometime today to take her to Seattle to the MEPS station to fill out the rest of her papers, then her cousin is going to swear her in tomarrow, then she leaves for Ft. Leonard Wood, Mo. for Basic Training..(I think in this new army they will take a break during the Christmas Holiday so she'll be home for Christmas :D )

So anyways,, I may be loosing the best hunting partner I have had sense my dad(he passed away 18 years ago),,but the country is going to gain a great soldier..Her mom and I are sadden that she is leaving the nest( like any parent) but proud that she has shown a direction for her life...

Hunterman(Tony)

Antler3

I know excactly how you feel. Have had two leave the nest. She will make you proud though. Time will make you feel better :). Good she can be home for Christmas. And good on you for supporting her. Best wishes for her with her new undertaking. Please thank her for me for wanting to serve our country. You may be losing your hunting partner but you'll be gaining a great soldier ;) !!! Be proud !
ANTLER 3

Hunterbug

Tony, we are as proud of her as you are. I went to basic at Ft Lost-in-the Woods back when she was knee high to a grasshopper. I look forward to hearing about her exploits.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Dragonfly

Congrats to your girl!!

But a word of caution to her.  She may have been promised "medical field" but if they find out she is a good shot she's in trouble.

Just heard today at Wal Mart from a family whose girl was promised "medical field" they found out she was a good shot and she is in the MP's...SHEEZ!!!

Best thing for her to do is sign up for Nursing School-BS- once she does that all bets are off with her shooting skills.  And basic is just a walk in the park for her.  All she needs to do is take a test and if she passes she is off to BSRN school.  They need BSRN's really bad. Heck fire I even get offers to join because of my education...

Have her tell them she has changed her mind and wants to take the test for Nursing school first!!! Not after!!! FIRST!!!

drinksgin (deceased)

Don't forget, it matters not if it is demopublicans or repocrats in office, the objective is to do all the people, all the time, and your daughter can expect the worst, no matter which party is in power.
To place your confidence in any elected or appointed person is to be be taken advantage of .
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Dragonfly

Doesnt matter at all who's in office is true Drinksgin.

And errrr there's a word you should remove from this post.  You see it?

Not that I'm offended by the word but the powers above may swoop down upon your head.  :eek:

RatherBHuntin

I've noticed there are more service members and vets on this site than in the regular population, says alot about both hunters and service members I think.  They both compliment the other as regards morals, ethics and attitudes.  

Tell your daughter that SFC Rodgers said congratulations and hold on tight, might be a bumpy ride, but well worth it.  Thanks for the sacrifice your family has made, we'll take good care of her.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Dragonfly

And thank you for your sacrifice RatherB.  Man I just love men in uniform!!!  :D  :D

Well heck, I just love men in general.  Course having worked in a VA Hospital I got to see the best and the worst in them but ya still gots to love em" :rolleyes:

Tags: