Pheasents

Started by Luke, November 20, 2005, 09:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

Does anyone live anywhere where there are wild pheasents?

M. R. Byrd

Hey Luke,

I live where there are wild pheasants and plenty of them this year. I am in Dodge City, Kansas. I hunted a field yesterday afternoon and our party of five got three roosters, but saw hundreds of pheasants. It is a tough field of cane that was three to ten feet tall before it fell over. I did not hunt the field on the opening weekend, but there was a party of 30 that took their limit of 120 roosters from the field. Yes, they are all wild birds. These big fields are tough to hunt with a small party. The group of 30 used about 20 hunters in the field walking and ten on the ends blocking. After a pass, they would switch from walking to blocking and make another pass through the field. These kinds of hunts are common on opening weekend.

I hope you are enjoying hunting upland game at your place.

God Bless,
Maynard Reece Byrd
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

Luke

There are not too many wild pheasents here in Pennsylvania but there out there, I went to a place yeserday and seen 3 wild ones but thats about all you will see around here.  But I hunt stocked birds alot but still not as many pheasents as the ones you seen.  I think thats real cool to have that many wild pheasents.   Heres a pic of some I got about 2 weeks ago.   :)

Tags: