25-08 Outdoor Life's Poll

Started by gitano, October 25, 2017, 07:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Somehow I got down a rabbit-hole and ended up at an Outdoor Life subsite that was a poll of sorts, querying readers for their opinions on the viability of the .257x.308 Win (AKA .25 Souper and .25-08) moving from being available only as a wildcat, to becoming a "factory" cartridge. The comments, ALL negative, elevated my blood-pressure significantly. I couldn't care less about the .257x.308 Win becoming a "factory" round, but the comments were really inane. The "theme" was "Why do we need another cartridge?" What an incomprehensibly stupid perspective by members of the shooting and hunting community! This is precisely why I KNOW that Hunting and firearms ownership in the US is "circling the bowl". Every one of these nimrods think an AR-15 is the "ultimate" HUNTING rifle and has to have every electronic gadget hanging off of the picatinny rails that festoon every non-moving surface of the Frankenstein.

That STUPIDITY angers me, but when the anger subsides, I am left just deeply saddened. The propagandists have won the battle. Hunting in the US - REAL HUNTING - is GONE. Now, because of the HATERS, a WHOLE generation - AT LEAST - has grown up with "gadgetry" and "ethics". Not TRUE ethics, but an ethics borne of "compromise" with the haters. An artificial ethics that has been brain-washed as some sort of pathway to getting the haters to "like" us.

This "poll" is the x-ray revealing "the cancer within", and that CANCER has completely metastasized the entire hunting community.

@#$%^&*!!!!!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I would love to see it as a factory round. Do you have a link?
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Hunterbug

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

Niccolo Machiavelli

Paul Hoskins

This seems to be the thinking of most of today's shooter/hunters. I have never seen such inane reasons for not having this cartridge. A reason isn't needed for a cartridge any more than a reason for buying another gun. One comment in the poll really burns my old wrinkled behind. JIMBO said it's too heavy for varmints & too light for larger game. How stupid. Wonder how much real hunting he's done? 80% or more of the deer & black bear I've killed have been killed with 22 calibers. No problems at all. The 25=08 is an excellent cartridge for varmint & medium game. I don't shoot "at" deer or bear. I shoot any game animal to "kill" it. This cartridge has been around over half a century in wildcat form. It's nothing new. I would prefer the 6.5-08 over it. ......The comments in the poll show how hunters & shooters have devolved because of the **** written in gun rags like Outdoor Life, Guns & Ammo & other sorry publications of the same ilk with all their firearm "experts." :frown I'll let it go with that. ......Paul H

recoil junky

My guess is they are "screening" responses to get the desired affect. . . .

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Hunterbug

Quote from: recoil junkyMy guess is they are "screening" responses to get the desired affect. . . .

RJ

Probably. I can't even reply or rate a response.

Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Quote from: recoil junky;149365My guess is they are "screening" responses to get the desired affect. . . .

RJ
I hadn't thought of that, but it would seem odd that OL wouldn't be encouraging a new cartridge because that would mean more advertising for them from the manufacturers that would chamber their rifles in it. They're shills for those manufacturers anyway...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Gun writers.    PTOOOEY ! ! !

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Tags: