70-year-old With Coronary Artery Disease Survives COVID

Started by gitano, January 29, 2022, 10:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I have, apparently, survived my first bout with "the covid". At least officially diagnosed with the over-the-counter test kit supplied by the Mat-Su Health Foundation. The overall effect will have been 7 days debilitation. (I'm sure there will be lingering effects for several more days.) After a day-and-a-half of cold-like symptoms , I thought I was "fine", and decided to shovel a path through the new-fallen snow from the house to the garage, and talk for an hour on the phone. Bad idea.

While the cold symptoms didn't worsen, the sore throat, that had 'gone away', came back with a vengeance! Put me in bed for four more days. Honestly, the pain associated with swallowing was so intense that the act of swallowing gave me a headache. Today, a week after the symptoms first appeared, I'm back on my feet but feeling 'puny'. No strength to do much more than walk around.

The above is mostly 'for the record', not to solicit sympathy. Rather to add to the 'database' of information about this disease among my GENETIC cohort. All diseases effect different people differently, BUT... This disease, having been genetically manipulated, seems to have a wider spectrum of effects on people. That variance in response/symptoms, is fundamentally their genetic difference. (Over-ridden of course, by 'compounding health issues such as age, obesity, heart disease, etc.') Therefore, those with a similar genome, (my genetic cohort), should/might have similar response.

Anyway, I'm back on the mend. One more 70-year-old with coronary artery  disease, that didn't die of "The COVID".

Since there are no censors at THL, and we certainly don't represent a 'numerical' threat  to the the American Fascist Party, I feel 'comfortable' in publicly stating, here at THL,  my vaccination status for the sake of completing 'the report': Vaccinated (Phizer), not boosted.

I posted the above, excluding the vaccination status paragraph, on FB. My post, immediately got a FB "addendum" that "explained" how "safe" the COVID vaccinations are.

People ask, "If you hate FB so much, why do you continue to use it?". A reasonable question.

If I could get ALL of my friends and family to use ONE other similar communication package THAT WAS ACTUALLY different, I would do it in a heartbeat. As it is, the American Fascist Party will not, YET, further separate me from my friends and family.

Wake up and smell the fascism folks. It's not 'around the corner', its screaming in your face.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Glad you're on the mend Paul!
We seem to have had a recent bout of the Omicron variant in our house as well.
For the first 3 days, you would not have found me shoveling anything, much less any appreciable amount of snow.  It kicked my but(t).
Low grade fever, scratchy throat, some chest congestion, stiff/soreness in my back and hips, and rather severe case of malaise.  I could barely get out of my own way.  And I felt very cold almost constantly.  No shivers, just freezing cold.
 I slept about 10 hours a day, which is unheard of for me. 6-7 hrs a night is my usual max.  If I nap, it's less.

I'm on day 4 currently and feeling quite a bit better, but I'm still not 100%, so I ain't gonna push it.

I would have liked to have been tested, but it seems they no longer do that at our little regional hospital.  Go figure.

My heart is in very good shape, or so I'm told, but my lungs are a different story.  I have early stage COPD, so I was warned to be very wary if I started having breathing problems.
I was not looking forward to arguing about being intubated.

I was more than annoyed when I was told that despite being 2 years into this "pandemic," there is still is no early treatment protocol.  That is CRIMINAL, plain and simple.
For the record, I remain unvaxxed, and will stay that way.  I lost one friend/neighbor about 10 days after his moderna#2, and his daughter in law is currently in the hospital with stroke, kidney and heart problems she's experienced since the first month after her 2nd jab.  Also moderna.

All I can say is, if you aren't taking vitamin D, get some and start.  2,000 IU daily.
After all I've heard and read I honestly attribute my relatively mild case and (so far) quick recovery to the fact I've been taking a 2k dose daily for about 5 months now.

The goobermint is in bed with the world's largest corporations and communications companies to control the message and thereby control their subjects.

(that would be us)
The result is severe social and economic restrictions/regimentation.

IIRC, that is the textbook definition of fascism.
And where we find ourselves currently.

PS: I couldn't join you on facebook even if I wanted to Paul.  They kicked me off of Instagram & Twitter, and won't allow me to log into accounts I had for years.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

QuoteLow grade fever, scratchy throat, some chest congestion, stiff/soreness  in my back and hips, and rather severe case of malaise.  I could barely  get out of my own way.  And I felt very cold almost constantly.
Very similar here. I would lie down, feel better, get up and walk around, and feel worse. Just 'puny' all the time.

QuoteI couldn't join you on facebook even if I wanted to Paul.  They kicked  me off of Instagram & Twitter, and won't allow me to log into  accounts I had for years.    
:MOGRIN:

I could not in good conscience recommend that ANYONE "join" FB. An incomprehensibly anti-human organization. Goering and Stalin would be proud.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Quote from: gitano;156270Goering and Stalin would be proud.

Paul
And Brandon.

Can't forget him.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

gitano

Biden isn't smart enough to be put in with the likes of Stalin and Goering. I don't think we've had a stupider person in the White House in my lifetime. Carter was at least as inept, but he wasn't stupid. Bush the Second, was no 'brain-child', but he wasn't STOOPID. Biden is just, plain, STOOPID.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

Quote from: gitano;156272Biden isn't smart enough to be put in with the likes of Stalin and Goering. I don't think we've had a stupider person in the White House in my lifetime. Carter was at least as inept, but he wasn't stupid. Bush the Second, was no 'brain-child', but he wasn't STOOPID. Biden is just, plain, STOOPID.

Paul
Except Biden isn't running things.
Isn't. Running. Anything.
At this point he'll say anything for the promise of an ice cream cone.

But that doesn't mean he's incapable of pride.
No matter how misplaced it might be.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

just had a week off with a cold, boss asked me to stay away for a week - who am I to argue?
Anyroad, I have ivermectin, vit c, d  zinc, Quercetin etc. Basically was feeling cold with shivers, bit of pre sore throat, congested to hell (difficult to breathe let alone sleep) and a stinking headache. bomb it with vit c (I was doing 4/5000mg daily with fresh fruit. vit d and zinc plus a quercetin = cannot say that it made any huge difference - deffo feel better but still have all the sniffles!)
Had enuff now back to work tomorrow... Hope you guys are all ok.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Jamie.270

Pretty amazing when 3 people who lead different lives in 3 very different parts of the world all come down with the same or very similar symptoms in the same week.

Tags: