Beware of Satans clever imitations

Started by davidlt89, May 28, 2009, 03:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Matthew 13:24-30
   24Jesus told them another parable: "The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27"The owner's servants came to him and said, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?'
 28" 'An enemy did this,' he replied.
      "The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?'  29" 'No,' he answered, 'because while you are pulling the weeds, you may root up the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.' "

this is know as the parable of the wheat and the tares. Jesus gave this illustration to expose the Satanic tactic of imitation and infiltration.
 The thistles, or tares, were actually a plant that came from the darnel seed. In the initial stages of growth, this plant looked exactly like wheat. But in time the wild weed would show itself for what it really was, a plant that actually uprooted the wheat.
In essence, Satan has followed the pattern of the darnel seed in his attacks against the church. He has "flooded the market" with his imitations of the real thing. There are numerous examples of this throughout the Bible. In Exodus, the Egyptian magicians imitated some of the miracles performed by God through Moses, like turning a rod into a snake, turning the waters of the Nile into blood, and bringing forth a plague of frogs. In acts, the sorcerer Simon imitated Philip. In fact, whenever the Church has experienced a great revival, a false movement has grown up by its side proclaiming half-truths and deceptions.
Satan knows that a half of a truth is more dangerous than a lie. for those who have modified the truth have always injured the truth more than those who have denied it openly. therefore we must guard against falling for half-truths and gospel imitations at all costs. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Daryl (deceased)

QuoteIn essence, Satan has followed the pattern of the darnel seed in his attacks against the church. He has "flooded the market" with his imitations of the real thing. There are numerous examples of this throughout the Bible. In Exodus, the Egyptian magicians imitated some of the miracles performed by God through Moses, like turning a rod into a snake, turning the waters of the Nile into blood, and bringing forth a plague of frogs. In acts, the sorcerer Simon imitated Philip. In fact, whenever the Church has experienced a great revival, a false movement has grown up by its side proclaiming half-truths and deceptions.
Satan knows that a half of a truth is more dangerous than a lie. for those who have modified the truth have always injured the truth more than those who have denied it openly. therefore we must guard against falling for half-truths and gospel imitations at all costs. God Bless.

Based on this, I've a feeling this is going to get interesting pretty quickly.

I agree with the above quote; there is no doubt in my mind that Satan has "flooded the market" with his imitation of the real thing.

My question is, how is one to decide from all the "Christian churches" out there, which is true (if any?)?

From what you've said, and according to the parable, they will show themselves for what they are in due time.

So...

I'm asking you, in your opinion, what are the signs we should look for? How are we to know which is correct?

Looking on the surface can get a person confused about what the truth is in a real hurry, yet God is not the author of confusion.

Is there hope of correctly deciding which of the many churches teaches the true Gospel of Christ? Or are we to just "do the best we can", and HOPE that we're right?

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

davidlt89

Well Daryl, I believe you have asked me this quesiton before in another thread. Do I have a magical, foolproof answer? No, I don't. I am assuming we are both in agreeance that there are many "imitations" out there. I think we, ourselves, need to be familiar with scripture, it is what God gave us to go on. I would think the first "sign" you seen that did not line up with what "you know" and what "you have" read, and the wisdom God has given you, may be a good indication of an "imitation". But, first and foremost, I think we have to rely on God on for this.
QuoteOr are we to just "do the best we can",
If I just do the best "I" can, I believe I will fail miserably. I think it is something we need to put in God's hands and look for his guidance. I am sorry I don't have "more" of an anwer for you. I just think we need to trust Him on these matter and let him light our path. May I ask what you look for? God Bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Daryl (deceased)

David,

Yes, I've asked this question before in various ways, with various replies.

My intent is to get people to THINK, and STUDY, rather than simply accepting what is generally accepted.

I'm going to post more on this, based on scripture, but not until sometime (probably late) tomorrow.  I'm tired, so I'm eating dinner and going to be early.

I have to leave here by about 6:15 in the morning, so I'll be up and gone early.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

gitano

Matthew 7:16 -  You will know them by their fruit.

Matthew 12:23 - ... for the tree is known by its fruit.

Luke 6:44 - For each tree is know by its own fruit.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

QuoteI'm going to post more on this, based on scripture, but not until sometime (probably late) tomorrow.
I look forward to it. God Bless.

Steve D

I'm going to be reading this intently, as well.  I had a conversation with my 13 year old granddaughter recently that showed me she has been introduced to the "truths" being offered today.  Truths such as "If God is in favor of peace, why did He have so many wars in the Bible?"  "Man wasn't designed to eat meat."  ........ and so on.   As for imitations, I agree that careful study into the truths of the Bible rather than "truths" in the Bible will point out imitators.  Anyone can find truths in the Bible to support their own belief.  It takes an understanding of the message of the Bible to understand what is important.
You\'re just jealous because the voices only talk to me.  :yes:

LvrLover

Quote from: Steve D;93421As for imitations, I agree that careful study into the truths of the Bible rather than "truths" in the Bible will point out imitators. Anyone can find truths in the Bible to support their own belief. It takes an understanding of the message of the Bible to understand what is important.

Herein lies the difference between the topical sermon or study that makes a point and uses scriptures to support that point, and the expository sermon or study that uses proper exegetical discipline to find a passages meaning and relevance to us. I am not saying that every topical sermon is heresy, in fact, a vast majority are not. What I am saying is this: a pastor, or anyone, who only uses scripture to support "their" beliefs will have a hard time finding the Truth in scripture. It is very hard sometimes to discern truth. We can all be very sincere in our beliefs and we can all be very wrong. A person or a group who think they are infallible are a big warning sign to me. The key to all this is a relationship with your Lord and Savior, keep close to God and the "imitations" are much easier to see. My wife worked in a bank for years. Do you know how they taught the tellers to spot counterfeits? They handled "real" money. The more the real stuff passes through your hands the quicker you spot the fake stuff. Find a person to disciple (or mentor or any other word you want)you that shows good fruit. Learn from them, not blindly, but while researching and testing everything against the light of scripture. I like the old sayin," If it looks like a rat, sounds like a rat, and smells like a rat - guess what." Thats enough - I'll climb off the soap box.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Daryl (deceased)

I've been thinking about this now for a few days, and I've decided that the best place to start with most things is at the beginning.

With that in mind, I'm going to start a series of threads where we can discuss various aspects of our beliefs.  I'm in NO way saying or implying that my views are more valid than any others.  I'm sure there will be points where we disagree, and I'm looking forward to the resulting discussions.

I'll only ask that they be kept civil, and we can go from there.

Once again, it's been a very long day, and I'm fixing to go to bed.  I'll start a thread here to get things going though, and we can go from there.

:)

Daryl

RIP Linden33

Tags: