New Info (Copy of email)

Started by gitano, November 19, 2013, 09:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

This is a copy of an email that I sent all Moderators and Admin. I thought I would repeat it here to get people in the habit of checking here for new info.

Paul

QuoteTo all who receive this, please respond to this email, as I am testing who does and does not receiver these messages.

Second: At the moment, I can't find the "Live Chat" application. If and when I do, I will let everyone know and we will proceed from there.

Third: I was checking permissions, and noticed that no one but me was getting notifications of new threads and posts. All of you that have agreed to be moderators of any form will now receive notifications every time there is a new post IN THE SUB-SITE you moderate.

I'll try to keep this type of communications on a regular basis and when things change. ALSO, I will start using the "Outhouse" part of the site. All of you have access to "Moderating THL". Let me know if you can't get in.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

Thanks Paul.
I did not receive the email mentioned in the above post.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

gitano

I know, 22hornet. We were having some trouble getting vBulletin to recognize your status. 1) The fact that you are "in" demonstrates that you are a Moderator, and 2) You should have received an email from me with the same text. Let me know about that.

Thanks,
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

I got your email, Paul. Functionality seems good to go for me. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

I have not received any email from you Paul.
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

gitano

I will check the addy THL has for you. The email was sent from within THL admin, and that address is the one the email went to. If that is not your current address, then you would not have gotten it. Otherwise, I don't know why you haven't received it, but I will check into it.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

I've received no e-mails from you or THL Paul.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

Jamie.270 and 22hornet:

I have sent you both emails from within Admin and using the email addresses you have on record with THL. You should have received them by now, or very soon. If you have not received an email from me within 12 hours of this posting, (Friday, November 22 at 0752 ADT), please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

It's Saturday 23rd Nov. 0740hrs ;) I'm not sure of the time difference, I think you are 16hrs behind us??

Anyway, the only email I have recieved is that from your personal account which I have replied to.

gitano

That's how it comes, 22hornet, from my address that THL has to your address that THL has. From "me" to "you" but facilitated by THL administration. So...

All is working for now.

Thanks,
 Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

I guess it's a good thing this came up.
My e-mail address listed with THL was my old one.  And I'm sure the forwarding has expired by now.

It's updated now though.  So if you need to Paul, send me another.
Sorry for the hassle. :(
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

No hassle at all, Jamie.270.

One of the 'things' I learned through this is: If I send an email via THL Admin, even though it is my address and the other person's address, I do not get a "bounce" notice if the email is undeliverable.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

I got it. NOw I have to check my email more often than whenever my sister calls me and tells me I have mail :oops:

Allen
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Alboy

I did get the email but have not checked that source very often, will do so now.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Tags: