Cousin got her first..........

Started by Vermonster, November 29, 2008, 09:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

......... From the laundry room....... :biggthumpup:

My cousin has shot a 750 pound moose, but never a deer before.  So, I guess Wed. morning, she's in the house, and a nice 8 pointer walks out to the apple tree in their back yard.  They live in a very rural area, and the closest house is a ways down the road.  She goes to get the gun, but the phone rings.  She answers it (Why???????) and comes back, the deer is gone.  

This is the funny part.  She has a 5 yr old son or so, who is about as much into hunting as any person alive.  Her husband is actually at deer camp through today, and is unreachable by phone.  So, her son actually started getting angry, even crying, that she didn't shoot that deer.  Determined little kid.... :D

So, Thursday, Thanksgiving, she watches as a doe steps out into the backyard.  She is followed shortly after by a nice little 4 point.  This time, no phone call.  Up goes the window, down goes the deer.  Her first.  She tags it, calls her Dad and my Dad, and they go out and help her gut it, load it up, and she goes and checks it in.

Funny story, just thought I'd share.  i'm gonna call later today to see if the husband came home empty handed.  He'll have a surprise hanging in the garage...... David knows where my family is from, but I'll leave it out, in case anyone wants to complain....... :rolleyes:

buckshot roberts

:bowdown: what a woman.......congrats are in order.Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Alboy

I love it,

Reminds me of a story about Grandma Beuhla but I won't steal your thunder.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

:D If your cousin's husband comes back empty handed, he'll never live
that one down...ha.............good'n Verm'............................................BH5..........
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

davidlt89

Sean,
  she can consider herself blessed for getting one this year, not many people did. I feel for the poor boy as I would of shed some tears too. Pretty sure I would not have answered the phone. tell her congrats and good shootin. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: