Parker Hale Safari De Luxe

Started by woodlotowner, October 26, 2009, 04:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

Hmmm I don't see any of your photos :(  as for bigbanger I ahve seen him posting for a while but I will try sending him an e-mail as I have his address in my book and find out if all is OK.
Go Get them Floyd!

woodlotowner

Brithunter,

Check page two of the main Parker Hale Safari De Luxe thread.  I'm still learning how to stick handle around this site.  I intended to reply to you with the pictures, but they appear to be on the main thread.  Branxhunter responded with a pic of his .243.  Very nice indeed.  Looks newer than mine?

Woodlotowner

branxhunter

I am no so sure that mine is newer than yous - Brithunter will be the judge of that based on the proof mark on my rifle (I think I have previously posted a picture of it to this thread). I have posted a few photos of it in previous threads in this Parker Hale section, but here are a couple that show what it looked like when I got it earlier this year. Since then I have replaced the recoil pad with a Pachmyer old english decelerator, refinished the stock with Tru-oil, added a bridge mount and a timney sportsman trigger.

I like the idea of setting up a spreadsheet or database of information on Parker Hale rifles - the best method have the ability to attach 2-3 photos. Seems like as soon as a few patterns emerge in terms of identifying them some other "spanner" is thrown into the works. It would be good to document some of these patterns and  "spanners".

Brithunter

Darn shame about the recoil pad :( you might be able to dress it up a bit with a sharp 2nd cut file and some emery cloth or wet'n'dry paper but it really need replacing as whoever did the deed does not understand that the pad is supposed to follow the line and contour of the stock and not be straightened off :Banghead: . Nice rifle apart from that.

Now there isa company that had some new P-H pads located in Canada I believe. Bigbanger found them if I recall correctly hmmm will have to search the threads and find the reference and check my e-mails on the old computer.
Go Get them Floyd!

woodlotowner

Yes, well that's what 45 years does to a recoil pad I assume.  You suggest maybe it's not original?  Hmm, I recall shooting this gun in my teenage years some 40 years ago, but the recoil pad could be from 'Bob's' Recoil Pad Co. for all I know at this point.  I am interested in connecting with Big Banger here in Canada, however, if you can find the info and see if he is interested in having his e-mail address forwarded to me.

Deer hunt in Ontario for the next two weeks, so I hope I see a nice on standing in front of the peep sights.  Recoil pad be darned.

woodlotowner

Brithunter

The recoil pad has been butchered by some one. This is the profile it should be:-

If you look carefully at this one you can see someone replaced the pad and didn't fit it properly, as the LOP was too long I swopped it and Big banger was looking for one so he had it off me, that 1200V now has a slimmer pad fitted.

Oh and P-H pads are marked on the face Parker-Hale
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

Here is a Pachmayr pad I installed on a rifle I completely refinished. It was a Super in 25'06.....the pad had completely dry rotted. The Pachmayr pad is very close in size and color to the original. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

woodlotowner

Thanks, Rick.  I see what you mean.  Yours looks very nice indeed.  I have been looking into new recoil pads and pachmayr seems to be well rated.  I am definitely going to redo mine when time permits.  At my age a little better recoil reduction is a welcome thing too.

Regards,,
Brendan

Big Banger

Hi Guys,
Nice rifles woodlotowner and branxhunter, it is nice to see some early ones.

Here is the link to the company in Canada that has the PH recoil pads:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/milcun/market.htm

They are $25 ea.

I will be posting some pictures of a 'hard to find' magazine for my Custom No.4, it was Made in Japan Expressly for Parker Hale.
Mat

Tags: