Parker Hale 1100 .243 and .22-250

Started by branxhunter, February 06, 2012, 02:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

branxhunter

Gratuitous rifle photo - thats all. No other reason for this post........

[ATTACH]13025[/ATTACH]

Marcus

Brithunter

The only complaint from here it that the focus could have been better.
Go Get them Floyd!

branxhunter

Hmmm, yes, I see what you mean.

In the original photo the focus is fine, however I had to resize the photo down from approx 2MB to 100kB - and it has become pixelated. I didn't check before I posted.

Marcus

gitano

I'll take "gratuitous" when it comes to pictures of nice firearms.

WRT to the resizing issue: Use of a third party picture server like Photobucket eliminates the need to resize for THL. It also facilitates sharing pictures outside THL.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Picture looks fine to me! nice rifles!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

22hornet

Those sort of pics are always welcome. :grin:
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

sakorick

Great rifles in great calibers.......NICE! Here is a basket case 243 Super that took me several months to restore...Regards, Rick.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

mattyj

The more I look at these Parker Hales the more I like them , almost as much as Sako's , I have a PH 243 ( modified ) its a Safari Deluxe 1100 and Im pretty sure its a Military Mauser 98 Action .. I have posted pics in the Parker Hale Unveiled thread if anyone wants to have a look.... I should have perhaps made a new thread

sakorick

Quote from: mattyj;119890The more I look at these Parker Hales the more I like them , almost as much as Sako's , I have a PH 243 ( modified ) its a Safari Deluxe 1100 and Im pretty sure its a Military Mauser 98 Action .. I have posted pics in the Parker Hale Unveiled thread if anyone wants to have a look.... I should have perhaps made a new thread

Welcome matty. Your rifle looks highly customized. Yes, They were all military captured K98's that Parker Hale purchased from the government back in the 50's sometime......that's the story as I remember it. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Brithunter

The actions used will depend when it was made the initial production was on German M98 actions taken as war repatriations, or so I was told, later they used Santa Barbara (Spanish) made commercial actions. I own several with the word SPAIN stamped into the left side of the tang. Parker-Hale did not start making the Mauser actioned sporting rifles until their enforced move to the Sparkbrook factory in 1962/63 due the the  re-generation of Birmingham City Center. This is clearly mentioned in their #62 and 62A catalogue. Page 3 to be exact in the #62A.

I have also heard rumour that some FN actions were used but so far that's just rumour.
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: