got one with the pistol

Started by davidlt89, October 23, 2013, 04:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

was checking the traps today and ran into this fella. only took 5 shots to get him. the one i got with my pistol last year took 6 shots! Who's getting better:D.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Nice bird. Nice pistol. Nice picture.

What kind of pistol is that? I've not seen one like that.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

QuoteWhat kind of pistol is that?
the pistol is a smith & wesson model 22A-1. Got through my brother who works at smith & wesson and he "decked" it out for me. God Bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

one of the best things about it is it was 129.00 brand new!!!! God Bless.

JaDub

Hunterbug

Nice bird. I bet that it was tasty.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Vermonster

Nice bird David!  I heard they were thick up there this year.  Funny about the gun.  My Aunt use to work at the one in Houlton.  I got a nice behind the scenes tour one year.  Pretty cool......

gitano

Y'know, I was looking at that picture again, and that is really an excellent photo.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Excellent photo with a tasty ending! Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

davidlt89

Thanks Paul! really just a pic i through together in the moment. I have no photographic abilities what so ever. Though i do like this pic also. May have to put it on the wall. Have seen plenty of grouse without the pistol. I now carry it again. God bless.

gitano

I don't want to belabor the point, but in the off chance we have some young lurkers, let me point out what I like about this photo.

First, there is symmetry in the image as a whole. The human eye "likes" symmetry in spite of what "modern artists" (including photographers) would have us believe. The bird is centered in the picture, but also, there are equal sized patches of gravel on each side of its head and a single, centered patch of grass below it. The patch of grass opposite the gun 'balances' the asymmetrical placement of the gun.

Second, the bird is "tastefully" laid out. That's not a big deal to me from an "ethical" point of view, but very bloody bodies and tongues hanging out, etc. just don't make for a "quality" picture to me. The *&%%&*% "ethicists" are all about mollifying - THEY THINK - the gun-haters by taking "tasteful" pictures. Almost makes me want to take gory ones.

Third, the features of the bird are well-represented in the image. You can see the many of the classic characteristics of the bird - banded tail, mottled breast, over-all coloration, etc.

Finally, the firearm that took it is in the picture, AND well-placed. It's there for the record, but neither dominates the picture nor is haphazardly placed.

Like I said: To me, a VERY good picture.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: