New (to me) ute

Started by branxhunter, August 23, 2015, 12:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

branxhunter

We recently bought a 2010 model Toyota Hilux  4x4 dual cab tray back ute to replace our 2000 model Holden Rodeo that was in the same configuration. Here is the Hilux:

[ATTACH]14075[/ATTACH]

Being geared so low the Rodeo was perfect for chugging around in the paddocks, but was a bit painful towing anything with a bit of weight - in 4th gear it was either  humming along quite comfortably at around 2,800 rpm and 80km/h and driving everyone else on the road bonkers (the speed limit is 100km/h), or screaming at around 3,200rpm to keep to the speed limit.

The Hilux is geared higher and has more power to boot - pulls a heavy trailer quite comfortably at 2,800rpm at 100km/h with plenty of power to overtake if required.

The funny thing is that the bloke I bought the Hilux from ended up buying the Rodeo - and we are both very happy with the end result.

Marcus

branxhunter

Nuther photo:

[ATTACH]14076[/ATTACH]

Marcus

gitano

Quote from: branxhunter;140752...and we are both very happy with the end result.

Marcus

My definition of a "good deal"!

Great looking rig! Having actually been on your property and ridden in the Rodeo, I can appreciate your points!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: