Home On The Range - 6

Started by Jay Edward (deceased), March 06, 2005, 03:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Edward (deceased)

Here we have the most basic 'home' of all and one which some of you can appreciate.  I've done it ahorseback and from my motorcycle (when I was a lot younger).

This may look romantic to some but it can be a little hard when it's more than just one night or when the weather takes it into its head to 'rain on your parade' or when your hoss decides to fall in love with a passing moose.  

This last may seem unlikely but I had it happen with a mule.  She came back, eventually, to pack out the elk...but a little better bowline put a crimp in her social life from then on.

quigleysharps4570

Makes one appreciate a bed and roof when he gets home. :)

rockinbbar

That 'poke's gonna get chewed out by the trail boss..!!
His compadre's horse is already saddled & ready to go, & there he is slug-a-bed after daylight....:)

Rockin'
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

nfmMike

The way I see it, the compadre is taking the picture, after catching his horse out of the group on the hill. What the sleeper is unaware of, is said compadre is going to get on his horse, tether up the string and head out, whether sleepy is still abed or not!

nfmMike

Could also be, "Results of not properly laying your rope around you when going to sleep. The snakes pick up on this quickly!"

nfmMike

Alright, enough humor.

I like the picture, always wanted to do that, even though it would be rougher than it looks.

Something I want to do in the next 6-7 years is pack/horse/camp for a week somewhere in the mid-west. (probably lose the romance REAL fast!)

Tags: