Good ground blinds?

Started by kansashunter, October 28, 2004, 01:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1Garand

That would probably be your best bet then. I don't know if they'd react negatively, just cautiously. I think when my cousins friend shot that 9-pt, the way he described is was that the buck kept looking at him and knew there was a new brush pile in his territory and acted like something wasn't right. I'm sure that the only reason he got the shot was he shouldered his rifle as soon as he noticed movement. If he hadn't I'm sure that buck would've been long gone at the first sign of movement.

But you'll be in the pop up and more concealed. I think you'll be fine, I think they'll just be cautious at first if they notice it. I definately would try not to skyline it or stick it in the middle of a relatively open area where it's a sore thumb. I think that's where I went wrong is where I put mine, it was to the edge of the conifers and more in a hardwood/poplar stand where it was fairly open and I just pitched it without using more sense and concealing the outline more (a real sore thumb). If I would've stuck it more in some pines or brush or something, it would've broken up the outline and not stuck out like it did. Good luck with your hunt and I hope that you get something from what I learned and the mistakes I made. I know there's some great bucks in your neck of the woods so bag one and post a pic of it.

Antler3

I use a little camo blind is only about 3 ft. high. It rolls up and has stakes. You just unroll it and stick the stakes into the ground. It's about 3ft. long. I'ts easy to carry will fit in your backpack. I have two of them. I use them for turkey hunting and have used them for deer hunting. I like them because they are so small and easy to set up. Good luck to you !! ( got mine at wal-mart) Remember they will hold scent so you have to treat them as you would your hunting clothes. Good hunting !!
ANTLER 3

Tags: