New guy here...

Started by IronKnees, September 15, 2006, 04:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronKnees

Hi all... New guy here... Live in Indiana and am retired from flying for Allegheny which is now US Airways... Eight grandkids to teach about wildlife, and as my handle implies, have had both knees replaced... the right one twice. Too much wild boar hunting behind dogs I guess... Have had my website called HANDLOADING FOR HUNTING at  http://www.accs.net/users/drquick  online for almost ten years which indirectly is how I found these forums... In His Service... Dave

RatherBHuntin

Welcome.  Looks like you'll have lots to contribute and I hope you do as you can.  This is a nice family safe forum as well, so no worries about letting those grandkids visit.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

IronKnees

Thanks! I had my site off line for the summer for the first time in almost ten years because of some health issues, and just started my forums all over again... Had 500 some members when I deleted it, and the new one only had 13 the last time I looked... The old gang that had been there for years. One of them pointed this site out to me...  Just got home from hanging one of my trail cams, so need to head for the shower.... Man it's nasty in the woods right now... Wet, and "skeeters" the size of Cessnas... :confused:

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

IronKnees

Quote from: gitanoWelcome Ironknees.

Paul

Thanks! :D

M. R. Byrd

Ironknees-
Welcome to the forum.

I have never been to Indiana, but hear good things about it. I am just an 'ol Kansas farm boy that can't seem to wander too far away. I do have some ties to the Salem area where they have a Batt family reunion the third Sunday of September every year.

I enjoy upland game hunting on our century farm, pheasant, quail and lesser prairie chicken. I do hunt whitetail and mule deer with muzzle or rifle. I do stray into Colorado for an elk hunt. Have an old Drahthaar(ugly gun dog) that resembles his ugly master. I have raised two sons that love to hunt and are my best friends. Now I will need to work on my two grandchildren as they get old enough. I farm and ranch and have a health food business and a garage door company.

As I mentioned, I don't get far from home, except I have my atlas right by my computer and do lots of traveling right from my desk, as all the good folks on here tell their stories, I follow along with my trusty atlas.

Welcome and God Bless,

Maynard Reece Byrd
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

IronKnees

Well thank you sir... My dog is a Dalmatian who is a great pointer, but she really isn't a hunting dog... I discovered she could point quite by accident one day while walking her along the edge of a creek near the house... Her name is Ms. Disney  By the way, I was watching Animal Planet last week and learned a new formula for "dog age"... They said to count the first two year of a large breed dogs life as equal to 25 human years. (Prime sexual maturity as they put it) Then, four years to one after that... Disney is eleven, so that works out to 61 which seems about right, as she is getting a bit of arthritis, and slowing just a little bit... Just FYI...  Thanks again for the warm welcome..

buckshot roberts

:D Howdy an Welcome Ironknees,Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Antler3

Howdy and a big welcome ! Good bunch of folks round here, I'm sure you'll enjoy the site.
ANTLER 3

IronKnees

Thanks so much to all for such a warm welcome.... Dave

Tags: