Deer season is open!

Started by davidlt89, November 02, 2008, 03:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Well, it is finally here, deer season in the great state of Maine. my original plan was to go downstate and use a doe permit for two days but it would seem those plans have fallen to the way side. So I will stay home and be forced to take a buck. the state says it is going to be the worst deer season in a long time due to the harsh winter so the outlook looks bleek. I have the whole week off so I will head to some family land and see what happens. To top it off, shot some hornady 139gr IB today. I had one box from connely precision and one was factory ammo. I started out with conneley's ammo and kept getting a floater every 3rd or 4th shot, they finally seemed to settle down and had a good enough group to go to the field. I took out the factory ammo and have never seen anything worse in my life. I shot a bullseye first thing, second shot was 6 inches up two inches to the left, third was 4 inches left and 2 inches down. the more I shot the more by BP went up. Anyway, it is not all about deer this week. I will take a few afternoons and go get some birds. i have done all my hunting with friends so far this year, it will be nice to go by myself and collect my thoughts out in Gods creation. hopefully I will get a story and some pictures for you guys. God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

buckshot roberts

best of luck to ya, it opens here this saturday.........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

RatherBHuntin

Hope you have better luck than me.  I saw 4 does this weekend, all of them at 80 yards (was bowhunting) and at the same time.  Didn't see anything yesterday or this morning.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

911JB

Good Luck Davidlt89 !

JB .

911JB

davidlt89

I tagged out this morning at 7:30 with a little 4 pt. I will have the complete write up later tonight and hopefully a picutre. thanks for the well wishes. God bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

RatherBHuntin

Congrats David...now what do you do without any more tags?
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

davidlt89

QuoteCongrats David...now what do you do without any more tags?
see how many grouse I can shoot!!!!!
I am going to keep an eye on a field for a friend thursday and friday while he sits out back of where I shot my deer. God bless.

Vermonster

Quote from: davidlt89;85317see how many grouse I can shoot!!!!!
I am going to keep an eye on a field for a friend thursday and friday while he sits out back of where I shot my deer. God bless.

Funny David.... My Dad sits in an orchard where he hunts in Vermont.  He said he saw more birds this year than he has in a long time (8 one evening), and decided that during the break in between seasons, he would go sit there and shoot a few to eat when I go home next week.  Well, he's been out twice, and not seen a stinking bird, just 4 deer......  Go figure...... :)

Tags: