Annual Pheasant hunt

Started by sakorick, December 16, 2011, 01:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

It was a very poor year out in Western Kansas but we managed to scratch out 22 Roosters......all were 2-3 year old birds so there was the worst nesting in years. They had 15 inches of rain in May and that was a huge problem for the ground nesting birds. We had a great time as usual. Pic one is Eric's German(Dot) guarding some birds, Pic 2 is Bill with his dog Maggie, and Pic 3 is a cold Rick.:COOLdude:Regards, Rick.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Mighty pretty birds! Too bad it didn't turn out like the usual, Rick. Still, those may be paltry pickings, but those are mighty fine birds.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

Man Rick,  you look reeeeally  cold.   I`d say you were probably looking forward to a hot coffee with a little Baileys tossed in.  8-)  

Nice trip!!   JaDub

Alboy

Quote from: JaDub;117924Man Rick, you look reeeeally cold. I`d say you were probably looking forward to a hot coffee with a little Baileys tossed in. 8-)

Nice trip!! JaDub

Yea, yum on the baileys:grin:
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

sakorick

In all honesty, I was looking forward to some VO on ice and a big steak!!!!!!!:MOGRIN:And that happened!!!!!!!:biggthumpup: Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

davidlt89

Rick, I take it this is on your farm? I think pheasants are awesome looking birds!!!! I wish we had them up here! only way you see them if is someone raises them and lets them out. seems they are to stupid to survive the winter!!!!! Great pictures!!!!! oh, if 22 is "very poor", how many do you guys usually shoot? God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

I'll give a quick response here and let Rick fill in the details. This is not on his farm. He and a couple of friends go over to Kansas for a 3-day shoot every year. If you look back at about this time last year, you can see how they did last year.

Paul

http://www.thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15297
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

:food04:looking good, one day I would like to hunt pheasants out west, the only way we can hunt them here is when someone stocks them.. hoping to go out soon  and take a few....Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: