Remington Targetmaster 510 22lr

Started by branxhunter, December 02, 2010, 11:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

branxhunter

What can you tell me about this rifle and scope? Are either of them collectable?

[ATTACH]12467[/ATTACH]

Rifle is a Remington Targetmaster 510 single shot. Scope is a Weaver J4. Currently advertsied for $AUS200

Marcus

recoil junky

:greentongue:Produced from 1939-1962, total production, 382,267.

US$150-250  depending on condition. $250 for one that is in "new" condition. I looked on Gun Broker and they are from $75-$200.

With the neat old Weaver scope? I don't know. Maybe another US$50? Without the rear sight, I'd knock off $50 :greentongue:

I have one I cut the stock down on for the boys when they were small (I have another stock). It's a shooter and a keeper. Very well balanced, even with the 24" barrel. We still shoot it quite a bit.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

branxhunter

Jamie.270

Marcus,
If you can, get the barrelcodes off the barrel.  Left side, directly in front of the receiver.  2-3 letters.
They shoot pretty straight.  Both the 511 "Scoremasters" (clip fed cousin) I have had do.  My current one is scoped also, but with a '60s era Bushnell.  Nothing as cool as that old Weaver though!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

22hornet

I like the look of that rimfire Marcus. Is it one of yours?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

branxhunter

22H,

no, not one of mine. It is (was?) advertised on usedguns.com.au - it seems that this appreciation and collection of old fireams and scopes might be virilent and I might be starting to show some symptoms,

Marcus

22hornet

Quote from: Branxhunter;10965522H,

it seems that this appreciation and collection of old fireams and scopes might be virilent and I might be starting to show some symptoms,

Marcus

At least you know where you got the virus from! :grin:
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

sakorick

All these old target rifles are tack drivers. I have a Remington 513T US Property that shoots better that I can. Winchester, Remington, Stevens and Mossies.....you just can't go wrong. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

Hey Rick, what's the serial number on your 513T? Here's mine.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Alboy

Is that sled set up so the recoil dont hurt ya?:daisy::toff:
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

recoil junky

Sure nuf Al, it weighs in at 42 pounds. Not quite enough to tame the recoil of a 22lr, but close. ;)

RJ

gitano

That's a pretty 'clean-looking' rifle, Marcus. I think I'd part with $200 for it if I was in the market for a .22 RF. As for the 'virus'... If you "think" you've got it, your already WAY past inoculation... ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: