Full buck-horn iron sites

Started by HSM_miner, September 17, 2011, 07:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HSM_miner

Tonight I pulled the flintlock out of the gun cabinet, now it has ben a few years since I last had it out.  Immediately, I see that I had not finished fitting a full buck-horn iron site that I had used to replace the primitive rear iron site.  The primitive site was awful, and very difficult for my eye to quickly pick up.  This is not the case with the buck-horn site...my eye likes it.  Plus I think it looks cool too, as you don't see many sites of this style anymore.  

Tomorrow, I will take my granddaughter out in the morning and burn some black powder.:2thumbsup:

HSM_miner

Took  my flintlock apart this morning, to clean the lock...oh look a nice  little set screw on the trigger sear. Now I do not need a come-a-long to  break the trigger...nice trigger pull of about 3-4lbs now. Yay! Sure  beat the previous 15-20lbs trigger pull....Also finished fitting a  buckhorn sight to replace the primitive iron sight. My eye picks up this  new sight much faster now...and makes focusing on the front iron much  easier!:jumpingsmiley:

Tags: