Cleaned up on foxes

Started by branxhunter, December 18, 2011, 11:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TackyDriver

Despite their size, those would be pretty pelts. Regarding the laws about hunting from boats: does that mean that hunting waterfowl from "duck boat" type skiffs is illegal nowadays?
It would be a shame to waste a perfectly good mistake by not learning from it.

drinksgin (deceased)

There are differing laws from state to state, I believe "sink boxes" have been outlawed, but some states allow hunting from a boat that is tied up or drifting while not under power.
Just have to get a game law digest and go through it, carefully!!!!!.
I gave up on waterfowl when the lead shot ban went in, so I am not really up on it.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

In AK "under power" is the BIG deal, but I'm pretty sure it does NOT apply to small game and waterfowl.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Quote from: Branxhunter;118105Here is a photo (unfortunately a poor one) of some more I knocked over during the last week - 2 short spotlighting trips for 6 more foxes. As you can see they are only little fellas

Marcus

Nice photo Marcus. i like the rifle which one is that one is that a Remington? :2thumbsup:
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

kombi1976

Wow, sorry to come in late. Great shooting. We also had a good night on foxes a week or so back. Took 5 using mostly a Lenser P7 LED flashlight mounted on my mate's scope. Four of them were in one field! We also hammered a couple of rabbits & filled some roo tags with "The Judge" (my Tikka T3 9.3x62). Geez, it's a fun rifle. I'll post some bunny & fox pics when I get home. Like Marcus 4 of the foxes we got were juveniles.
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Tags: