Snare strikes again

Started by davidlt89, September 19, 2013, 04:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Went down to check on the snare this morning and low and behold there was actually a bear in it. I had two different ones coming, a big loner, and a mother with last years cubs. I was hoping to get the big loner, or the mother bear since she was gonna push the little fellas away soon anyway. Well, as fate would have it, I had one of the little fellas, but he was alive and well, just teathered to the tree.

as I was walking in, his sibling climbed a tree and took some mackerel I had hanging. Had I had a rifle on hand, I could of legally shot him out of that tree, that will teach me!!! Anway, here are a couple picks, before and after.

Last night I sat on the bait since my son had had enough! legal shooting time ended at 7:10, so as fate would have it a bear was making its way in a little after 7:00. was a little dark in the woods. I seen the bear turn around once, but it turned back around and slowly edged in. it made its way to the "hole" I shot through last year and I decided to try the shot. I could barley see my peep sights, but I let it go anyway. apparently I did not hit it!

At least this was in the snare this morning. Baiting ends saturday and we are out of trap tags. both the son and I got to fire, so all in all, a good season. had some nice backstraps tonight. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Hiker

gitano

Congratulations, David.

It's been an interesting year.

Good to see you back, Hiker.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

LvrLover

How do you dispatch a bear in a snare if you don't have a rifle?
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

davidlt89

QuoteHow do you dispatch a bear in a snare if you don't have a rifle?
I found a big stick!:undecided: Actually, I only live a mile and a half from the snare. I called into work to let them know I would be a little late and I drove back and got my rifle, only took 10 min.

QuoteIt's been an interesting year.
Boys, it certainly has. we could have actually had 4!!!! but that is the way the ball rolls. I will say, once my son found out I had "missed", you could not wipe the smile off of his face. In a way, it made him feel good to know he is not the only one who "misses". I am a good dad;). I certainly tried to explain to him that anyone who hunts has missed something they have shot at! hard to understand at 10 though. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

LvrLover

Just wondered. My grandpa was quite the trapper and he always used a stick. Of course the biggest thing he ever trapped was coyote.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

Tags: