"barking a squirrel"

Started by buckshot roberts, January 23, 2014, 05:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

:indian_chief: as long as i've been hunting squirrels it's my first time trying this, i got my hands on a used .45 cal BP rifle, it was snowing one day and i gave it a try on some fox's runnig around the back field, i missed all 3 of them :stars:but i sure hit'em with some dirt, i walked down to the wood sand found this guy up in a tree and put my sight a little past his head, that shot was a little over 25 yars,and after the smoke cleared he was laying on thr ground...............Ron

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

So yur sayin' ya 'barked' 'im?

Paul

I suppose I should read the title of threads now and then...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Alboy

Fraid it is too late to warn ya Buckshot but you most likely have a case of BP fever now. Welcome to the club.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

RatherBHuntin

Black powder suits him.   Good looking rifle.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

buckshot roberts

:MOGRIN: barked'm..........yep i'm hooked i got a used 50 cal last week....Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

I do not understand what it is about ML that I so enjoy. I simply can't wipe the grin off of my face when I shoot them.

"Barking" is way cool! But you need a VERY precise rifle AND YOU need to be accurate. I always thought that if I was good enough to bark a squirrel, I was good enough to hit 'em in the head.

Paul

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Good job! I wish that we had more fox squirrels in places where we could hunt them. We usually see pine squirrels, which taste like the tree from which they take their name, or Aberts squirrels if you're really lucky.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

buckshot roberts

i was looking to get something in a .32 by next season, i'd hate to see what the .45 ball would do to a squirrel..............Ron

Tags: