Another visitor

Started by davidlt89, February 18, 2016, 12:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Bout 9:30 last night my bait sensor went off. Took a look out the window and had a little visitor, an obvious coyote. He ran back about 50 yards before I got set up but stayed in the field....Game over. 2 coyotes and 4 fox so far. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

farmboy

You layed that one out! Good going I like see dead coyotes so do my sheep and goats!

gitano

Not very "furry" looking for this time of winter.

What is your "bait alarm"?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Not good fur at all and loaded with burdocks...i see no point in keeping it! My "bait alarm" is just a regular sensor you can buy in any store. Most people hang them in their house or garage. One piece is the sensor which detects heat and the other piece is the reciever that "beeps" once a temp rise has been detected. Has a 200 foot range. Sometimes it goes off because smoke from my chimney gets blown down there or the sun gets it going. For the most part it works fine, especialy at night. It has woke me up at all hours and there has been animals. Yesterday morning went off at 4:30 and there was a skunk. God bless.

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Cool! Can you set the range for less than 200 feet?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Range is preset, max range is supposed to be 200ft, I am a little further. You can definately use it closer. God bless

gitano

You confused me with that one, David. "Range is preset" means to me that "I" can't set the range because it is "preset" by the factory. "You can definitely use it closer" suggests that I can set it.

Here's the reason I am 'beating this horse' (not yet dead). I would like to 'alarm' my apple trees from being attacked by moose. j0e_bl0ggs and Jaeger have kindly provided me with "alarm mines"; tripped 12 gauge blank firing mechanisms. However, these are kinda 'drastic' in terms of loudness and especially neighbors hearing a "gunshot" in the middle of the night. (Here come the cops.) The 200 foot range isn't an issue looking in one direction - south - but it's a big issue looking the other direction - north - because that's the direction of my house relative to the apple trees. My house is only about 40 feet from the trees. If the 'detector' is fairly directional, I suppose I could set the alarm up with its "back" to the house and just 'scan' the yard to the south. Maybe the simplest solution is just to post the name of the thing and I can go look up the specs and operational characteristics myself.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Ok.....I think I can explain it better. The device has two pieces, sensor and a reciever. The reciever will not pick up the sensor if it is more than 200ft away. The sensor picks up a rises in temp, when it senses a rise in temp, it signals back to the reciever and the reciever alarm goes up. However, the sensor can only sense a temp rise at a max distant of 20ft in front of it, pretty much same effectiveness as a trail camera. I can send the unit info when I get home if you would like. I am not sure it would work for what you want...but I may wrong. God bless.

buckshot roberts

David what you shot him with.....Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

farmboy

Quote from: buckshot roberts;143326David what you shot him with.....Ron

If we were going to guess what he used I would bet a 243.  Should we all guess before he tells us? Lol!

gitano

I think he's using a .25-06, but I don't remember for sure. Could be a .223 Rem.
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Ruger american rifle .223...50gr nosler ballistic tip. God bless.

Tags: