12 Gauge Help With a 30-30 Win Model 94

Started by Mark Kaiser, November 10, 2004, 04:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Kaiser

Hey, I just got a new Win 94 from my great uncle (well not new but only three shots have been fired through it and not a scratch on the stock) I was wondering if you can put a scope on a top ejecter and if you are using open sights whats the max range you can shoot a coyote out to.

OregonBoy

Mark,

Is your Model 94 an Angle Eject model? If so, you can order scope bases from most shooting supply catalogs which mount directly over the bolt. With the older pre-AE models, scopes have to be mounted either on the barrel, forward of the receiver....

Like the one on this 45-70...

...Or offset to the left-side of the receiver, to prevent ejected shells from hitting the scope.

As far as how far away you can shoot a coyote with iron sights...well, that depends on how good of a shot you are ;)  I'd try and keep my shots within 100yds....

Hope this helps- OB

12 gauge

nicely well put OregonBoy!

I have been gone from the forum for a while, me and my parents have been rather busy lately...

Working on the property and such..and then my dad's drywall work has picked up..

Anyway, yeah, just like oregon boy posted..

for the range of how far you can shoot...

Yeah with iron sights if ya are hunting with them, i'd go no further than 100 yards....with the scope, you maybe be able to manage a shot within the 100-120 yard range...depending on how good you are..

I personally don't go over 100 yards, i stay within that range 0-100 yards..now if an animal (coyote, etc) were to go out maybe 101-120 i may sling a bullet his or her way, but that is if i have a clear shot (no bushes, branches, trees, saplings, etc.)

I wish ya good luck and god bless :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

Mark Kaiser

Mark Kaiser

Tags: