Reason to be careful

Started by Skip, November 27, 2005, 03:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skip

Hunterbug

WOW! There is a reason why I weigh each and every charge.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Gmoney

Wow...thanks for sharing Skip....
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Daryl (deceased)

Yep, and that's why I double check every charge with a flashlight to make sure they're all close to the same before I stick the bullets in.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

gitano

This is the main reason why I don't particularly care for progressive reloaders. However, in my opinion, the most salient point was made in the following five sentences:

QuoteTitegroup is a very fast, clean powder requiring low charge weights for large calibers. Prior to this event, I reasonably assumed this to be an ideal situation. Less powder, less fouling, less cost = more trips to the range. That is until you realize a few things. 9.0gr in a .44 magnum case is, more or less, a drop in a bucket.
Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

firstshot

When I first got into reloading....way back when.....my local gunsmith agreed to teach me the ropes. The very first thing he did was show me a S&W 44 Mag that was basically blown to bits from an overload. He had the pices parts mounted on a picture frame and hanging on the wall of his shop.

The mental picture of that blown up 44 Mag has stayed with me ever since and comes to mind every single time I sit down at the reload bench.

Yall be careful out there now!

firstshot
--------------------
Make your first shot count!

Tags: