Finally got one!!

Started by Marlin917VS, December 11, 2004, 09:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin917VS

I was walking along the train tracks with my dad and we cut into the woods. We went in about 100 yards to where we were going to sit and we spooked a doe. It jumped up and ran up a hill and I shot it on the way up, it went 2 more steps then dropped. Shot it right in the back of the neck. Took about an hour to drag it out. It was up and down hills the whole way. I'm pretty lucky because this is the last day of the season. This is my third deer.  Here's a pic:
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

~Jeff~

Good for you Marlin!! Neat story and some fine freezer meat as well, way to go!! I've been in that kinda spot and thats no easy shot to make.
idunno

ShadowRider

Congrats, Marlin! A great way to end a season. Thanks for sharing it with us.:)

12 gauge

congrats!

Great job!!!

I do not know why but me and my dad haven't been going lately...:(

I would like to go out again! the last time we went out is when i missed at 5 yards with the 30-30...to this day, i do not know how i did it!

I am deadly with a rifle, and shotgun, with a bow i am average...

i still don't understand..

anyway, great job!

God bless :D
"I only hunt and fish on days that end in \'Y\'"- 12 gauge

NUMBERFARMER

~Jeff~

Which state are you hutning Marlin?
idunno

Marlin917VS

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

Antler3

Good job Marlin...congrats !!  :)
ANTLER 3

~Jeff~

Do they still close the schools there for the opening of deer season?

~Jeff~
idunno

killahog

Congrats Marlin I am Glad to see you Killed that Deer Instead Of Me. I am a Locomotive Engineer and I turn Deer Into Chunks with The train To Often.

Marlin917VS

Yes they close the schools on the first day. I think we should get a few personal days for school so I can go out the second day too.  My dad said I can skip school the second day next year, the only reason I didn't this year is because my dad had a lot of work to do so we had to go home.  On the saturday or sunday before the first day we go up to my uncles camp in norther PA with him and 2 of my cousins and some of his friends.  We stay there and get some work done around the camp then relax then go hunt on monday.  Everyone stays up the second day too but me and my dad couldn't this year.  It's 100 miles north from where we live.  Later

Tags: