58 cal double rifle

Started by roadkill636, January 05, 2008, 06:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockinbbar

Welcome aboard, there Marvin!

Glad to have you! :D
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Rodders

I know this is an old post, but i have been awol for a while!

I now own one of these and have used it quite a bit for hunting warthog!

They take a bit of work to get them dialed in, cos the barrels are not regulated (some guys luck out and get one that shoots both barrels very close, but many don't). My experience was that  the two barrels shot pretty close left right (within 3 inches at forty yards), but that they were about 6 inches different ito height! The idea is that you are supposed to sight one of the flip up sights for one barrel, and the other for the other - hope that makes sense. i went a different route, and use different loads for the different barrels. I use a heavy Minie bullet (590 grains) in the barrel that shoots high, and a lighter "plains bullet" style (515 grains) in the one that shoots lower. using this combination the two barrels shoot to almost the same point of aim at forty yards!

Have yet to recover either of these bullets from game, as they tend to shoot through warthog at all the angles I have tried!

I really enjoy my double, although it can be a bit of drag hauling it around, as it is a heavy gun.

I cannot see your pic from work but i am assuming you have the Pedersoli Kodiak!
I have the Pedersoli African express, which only really differs in that the sideplates bear pictures of African elephant and Cape Buffalo, unlike the bear and bison on the Kodiak double

Alboy

Very practical solution in my estimation. Glad you foundyour way back to camp.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Rodders

Heres a few of my warthog successes with the double!

bowhunter 51

Now that is a nice piece, Rodders.....I'd love to have one of them.....BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

SO... in what part of Alaska are you finding those warthogs???

Good stuff.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Rodders

I dunno what i said to create the impression i was in Alaska, but I have now modified my profile so as to clear up any confusion!:smiley:

bowhunter 51

Ha!....I new you wasn't in Alaska...I thought you was in Texas...Is wart hog fit to
eat, Rodders?..........................................................................................BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

gitano

Pietermaritzburg...

Now there's a mouthful!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Rodders

Quote from: bowhunter 51;96830Ha!....I new you wasn't in Alaska...I thought you was in Texas...Is wart hog fit to
eat, Rodders?..........................................................................................BH51...

They make pretty good eating, long as you shoot a youngish one, or a sow. The older boars can be a little gamey - what they call in pork circles as boar taint I guess!

even the older boars can be processed into pretty good processed meat like suasage and such like!

Tags: