how to skin a "weasel"?

Started by highlander, February 01, 2008, 01:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noel

Highlander;if it' 41" long,has a head similar to a wolverine and a long tail with stripes it's likely a fisher. it' my understanding that although similar a marten has a head more like cat. I've seen fishers.perhaps someone more knowledgable than myself can clarify this for us.   Noel
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

Clueless

being confused with weasle/fisher/marlin I looked them up in the encyclopedia.  they are all of one name.  Imagine my surprise when I learned they were one in the same. :eek:

Did you say your "weasle" had long fur?  The pictures I saw of weasle/fisher/marlin the fur was short.
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

noel

the fur is short but the tail is a bit long and stripes are not as pronounced as a coon. the MNR reintroduced them in our WMU to help control porcupines.the viscious little buggers will climb a tree and attack the belly where there's no quills!they also like cats and other small animals.have heard they will even attack a small deer!
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

Clueless

We have them here Noel but not much is heard about them.  They tend to stay around the creeks and rivers.  Maybe they like to fish.

I'm wondering if it's possible our weasel is a Coon Cat?

Just a thought.
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

davidlt89

Picture certainly would help!!!!

QuoteYou could tan it yourself,

It would more than likely come out hard as a board!!!

QuoteWhat is the least and most you would pay to have a marten hide tanned?

Tanning is tanning no matter what animal you bring. Size and chemicals used will determine the cost. I can get a whole bear pelt tanned up here for 80.00. I would assume it would be cheaper due to less chemical used for you. I could be wrong though.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Clueless

My thoughts exactly David a picture is worth a thousand words. :help:

I forgot "web feet" were mentioned.  Didn't notice  web feet in the discription.
Thomas Jefferson

highlander

Dahlin', I've been calle dmany things in my life, but never David.  LOL  Laura
HIC SUNT LEONES

Clueless

Sweet Cheeks, I was responding to David98!! ROTFL!!!

Sweet hart!! LOL!!

Wait a minute I got something for ya, darlin'
Thomas Jefferson

highlander

SWEET CHEEKS!?  that's another first.  I had to ask my 16 yr old what ROTFL was.  Hope ya got slivers on ya fanny.  lol
HIC SUNT LEONES

Clueless

LOL!! Well I didn't get slivers on my fanny but I did scratch my head and got a splinter in my finger...darlin'......Knock wood..splinter...LOL!! ROTFL!!!

by the by..what became of that 'Wras-kel-eey wea-sel"?

Darlin'

Sunshine

Swe-athart
Thomas Jefferson

highlander

You're incorrigible!!  But you've made my laugh.  Now, Dahlin' I'm used to.  Sunshine!?  Another first. Swe-athart?  I can only guess at how you pronounce that.   As Far as that Wras-kel-eey-weasel, her skin and skull are in my freezer.  I'm hopin' the fox who lives across the road made good use of the rest of her.  She had 4 kits last year and I think she got my adopted cat, too.  Did someone kiss your "poor wittle finger?"  I will not ROTFL.  I have unfinished 150+ yr old hard wood floors that I'm in the middle of finishing.  Need I say more?
HIC SUNT LEONES

Clueless

You made me laugh too!! LOL!!

We have an old house with hard wood floors.  Finishing? Gee whiz darlin' what a job!!

We've picked out "floating hard wood flooring" to replace carpet instead of refinishing the old hard wood floors.

Old  houses are great when you get them "fixed up".

My souther' accent is pretty bad and must be worse than I ever thought. LOL!!
Even for here. LOL!!

seems no matter who I am talkin' to on the phone...next time I call I never get to finish my introduction...they call me by my first name...LOL!!

Yep that thar fox gal most likely made good use of yourn' weasel.
Thomas Jefferson

highlander

When my landlord of 30+ yrs renivated an apartment up stairs, there were newspapers used as insulation from 1870 and before.  I've already done my bay windows that took me almost a whole year.  I don't know how to explain them except to say they are "scrolled."  With all the nooks and crannies it was horrible, 10 coats of different color paints. I could have had them replaced with NEW wood (which was suggested) but why would I get rid of that old of woodwork?  That would have been a shame and now that they're done, they're beautiful.  I only have one room that will have my hard wood floors that I've always wanted.  When I tore up my old rug I didn't know what to expect  I was extatic when I saw what was under there.  You can tell it's real old planking. There's all sorts of different size knots, and widths etc. Someone said something about "barn planks."  I've seen the floating hard wood floors on tv.  I can't bare to cover this floor up again.  My mom says go with linolium, it's easier to clean.  may be easier but it ain't as purty, eh Thumper?
HIC SUNT LEONES

highlander

Why is it saying I'm offline when I'm right here?
HIC SUNT LEONES

Clueless

Thumper!! Seems I recall seeing where a Thumper joined not long ago but I NOT HE!! LOL!!:smiley:

I can only hope your landlord is adjusting your rent with all the work you are doing.
You are working much too hard for someone else.  (no offense indented..we don't do things for land lords in the South) If we don't own it...we don't do it!!

We have already done the entire outside of our house...given it a face lift. No stone when unturned.

We are painting at the moment.  Next is the floors.  

I don't know why you are off line when you are right here...maybe it's a "beam me up Scottie" thang..LOL!!
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: