The deer lease yesterday

Started by Paul Hoskins, October 30, 2008, 05:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Hoskins

Went down to the deer lease yesterday to pick up a trail cam that's been down there a week or so and put out more food for the deer. Ron has been busy with his own projects around the farm this fall and doesn't have time to help now. He and I put out three food plots earlier. Deer have about cleaned them out now. Only the milo stalks are still standing. In the picture of the food plot, note the deer trail to the left in the dirt. There is another food plot behind the four evenly spaced trees in the background. A drain ditch from the pond divides the food plots. The deer pictures are from the trail cam. The others I took with my camera yesterday. In the picture of Ron's 'observatory,' note how low the water is. Appears to be down about three feet. I came upon a herd of hens and young turkeys. By the time I stopped the truck and got my camera out most of them had disappeared into the woods. Looked to be about thirty or more. On the way back from the lower end of the ridge, I spotted five big gobblers crossing the ridge where the hens were. When they saw me they turned around and went back the way they came. I drove up and they were already going back into the woods. The picture of the woods is mostly white and black oak. Lots of hickory in it too. .........Apparently it only takes the deer and turkeys about three days to clean out 200 pounds of corn. I made this observation by watching the corn piles and the date on the camera. Lots of lesser bucks and does. No sign of the three eight pointers this time around. Still no sign of the big boy. Wondering what happened to him. Just waiting for Nov. 8th now. ...........My friends from Maine should be here the sixth of Nov. ...........Paul H

Paul Hoskins

For some reason one of the pictures is missing. Possibly operator error. Anyway, here's the picture of Ron's 'observatory.'.........Paul H

buckshot roberts

:biggthumpup: sweet........ya got a very good set up.......maybe by the rut that big'n be back........best of luck..........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

bowhunter 51

Really nice,......Mr. Hoskins............that young doe in pic# 8 made off with
half a sack of corn right there....lots of turkey---excellent!.......I really like
the 3 story observatory..a really nice kick back with bourbon on the rocks
and cigars type of situation...bet Ron has thought about inclosing the top
with the roof,.. with glass on the front....better'n the federal refuges have
got around here.....again,...a really nice set-up..:biggthumpup: I give it an A+.....BH51.
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

motor (deceased)

nice pics and it looks like they have been eating well..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Tags: