Friends deer

Started by davidlt89, December 07, 2008, 04:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

our muzzleloader season started last monday and ended this saturday. one of my best friends took that week off and bagged this buck on monday. dressed at 209lbs. He is pretty happy. Him and I disagree a lot when it comes to deer hunting. I will take the first deer that comes my way, no matter how big the horns are. He will only shoot deer like this, even if it means going a few year without one. guess it payed off this year!!! enjoy. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

rockinbbar

That's a hoss, for sure! :D

Thanks for posting!
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Alboy

It all works out in the long run.

Trophy hunters I think spend more money in their pursuit while meat hunters (here I count myself) keep the herd more thined and balanced. We need both.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

Oh Yea!...that is a good'n.......Congratulations to your friend, davidt....
Being a meat hunter, herd manager and an explorer of new hunting
doesn't exempt me from harvesting a nice rack like that'un...they're just
far -n- few between.. I got'ta sqeeze on someth'un once in a while....BH51....
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

davidlt89

Quote...they're just
far -n- few between

Precisely!!!! I would rather pull the trigger every year than wait for the "buck of a lifetime". in fact, I would trade these big bodied bucks for many more small ones and be able to shoot more than one a year. God Bless.[/SIZE][/FONT]

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Vermonster

Nice Deer David!

And I am with pretty much everyone here, I am a meat hunter, and will shoot whatever legal deer I see.

I think alot of it has to do with location and deer herd.  I know in the northeast, you might only see one buck in the season, so you better take it when you can.  However, in the south, or midwest, you could see 3 or 4 buck a day, as well as have very liberal doe seasons to get your "meat", so I think people tend to pass up more deer.

I think that's the attitude that is trying to win out in Vermont, with the antler restrictions, and I don't think it will work.  It's not south Texas, we'll never be able to look at 20 deer in front of us, 10 of which are buck, and take our choice.  The land, climate, number of hunter, etc., wont sustain that.....

buckshot roberts

:bowdown: yep thats a good'n fer sure.........Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

davidlt89

QuoteI know in the northeast, you might only see one buck in the season, so you better take it when you can.
this guy is one of a very few guys I know where this is not the case. He had already passed up one nice buck this year. somehow he always seems to pull it out! I, however, and not like that, the most bucks I have seen in one year up here is two. I take'em when I can get'em. God Bless.

motor (deceased)

Precisely!!!! I would rather pull the trigger every year than wait for the "buck of a lifetime". in fact, I would trade these big bodied bucks for many more small ones and be able to shoot more than one a year. God Bless.------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree, david, you can't eat horns, but to each his own. :)
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Tags: