License to reload?

Started by Jamie.270, April 16, 2009, 02:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie.270

The following is an excerpt from CIFTA.  Also known as the Inter-American Arms Treaty.  Ratification of this treaty died in congress in 1997.
Our President has promised Mexican Pres. Calderon he'll push for ratification.

[/SIZE]
QuoteARTICLE I Definitions
QuoteFor the purposes of this Convention, the following definitions shall apply:
1. "Illicit manufacturing": the manufacture or assembly of firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials:     a. from components or parts illicitly trafficked; or
 b. without a license from a competent governmental authority of the State Party where the manufacture or assembly takes place; or
 c. without marking the firearms that require marking at the time of manufacturing.
2. "Illicit trafficking": the import, export, acquisition, sale, delivery, movement, or transfer of firearms, ammunition, explosives, and other related materials from or across the territory of one State Party to that of another State Party, if any one of the States Parties concerned does not authorize it.
3. "Firearms":     a. any barreled weapon which will or is designed to or may be readily converted to expel a bullet or projectile by the action of an explosive, except antique firearms manufactured before the 20th Century or their replicas; or
 b. any other weapon or destructive device such as any explosive, incendiary or gas bomb, grenade, rocket, rocket launcher, missile, missile system, or mine.
4. "Ammunition": the complete round or its components, including cartridge cases, primers, propellant powder, bullets, or projectiles that are used in any firearm.
So, if you purchase ammunition or the components thereof and assembled it into a functioning round, without being licensed by the "state,"  you have illicitly trafficked in or manufactured ammunition.  Same goes for assembling/amateur gunsmithing of guns of any kind.

Search "CIFTA" for a full copy of the treaty.  Some will try to say the NRA had a hand in the wording of CIFTA.  Mr LaPierre says otherwise.  Others are saying the US already complies with our existing laws,...
Somehow after reading the definitions I don't think we do!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

RatherBHuntin

I really think we need an amendment to the constitution that prohibits ratifying any international treaty or agreemnet that places ANY demands or restrictions on citizens within the US.  It's none of their danged business or concern what happens within our own borders.  They can call it a global society or whatever they want, these sorry sons of bachelors are supposed to represent ME, not the fine upstanding citizens of Peru, France, Nigeria or any other stinkin hole on this planet.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Daryl (deceased)

Yeah, what RBH said.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

There he goes....Disreguarding the constitution again....:(

When will the Dems ever learn?
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

gitano

QuoteWhen will the Dems ever learn?
I'm afraid they have already learned, and learned very well. From Trotsky, Lenin, and Stalin.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buffalo bob

i read where the governor of texas mentioned returning to a republic and leaving the union.  lot of democratic uproar over that.  may have to move to texas.

Mauserfan in TX

Well there ya go. I think Glenn and Paul said it all. I could'nt agree more. Bob I guess y'all could bunk with me for a while..... The more i learn about D.C... the more i love TEXAS.
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

Steve D

You may have to build a bunkhouse if a bunch move in.

That would pretty much make wildcatting illegal, unless all wildcatters get licensed, and I bet they'll make that hard to do.
You\'re just jealous because the voices only talk to me.  :yes:

Tags: