.500 S&W Raging Bull Extinct?

Started by Mauserfan in TX, April 19, 2009, 03:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauserfan in TX

I have a good friend that was looking to buy a Raging Bull chambered in the .500 S&W mag. He has looked high and low for one and has'nt had any luck. He is wanting a new one, so looking on Taurus web site , they are no longer in production. Anybody want to take a guess on why that would be? I have'nt had a reply from the Taurus people.:end:
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

klallen

morning, mauserfan.  i don't know what the deal is.  my bro (a smith & ffl holder) looked into one a while back for a customer.  none of his distributors had one and he assumed them discontinued.

they're still listed on the taurus web site in 10", 6 1/2", 4" and 2 1/4" barreled models.

even the latest guns&ammo handguns annual gun buyer's guide (march, 2009) lists them as still being supplied by the company.

i'm thrilled i bought mine when i did.  considering how scarce they are now.

if ya get a response back from taurus, post it up here.  i'd like to know what's going on, too.  later.  klallen

gitano

It's because of the OBAMA election. The manufacturers can't keep up with demand.

If you believe that, send me your address, because I have a bridge I'm trying to sell...

right over some swampland...

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Mauserfan in TX

GLad you got the big boomer when you did. My buddy is jealous. Paul, i  may be intrested in the bridge, cause i really , really , really like to stomp in the swamp.
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

klallen

i did trip across a blurb somewhere on the web yesterday (wikipedia, maybe) that the taurus .500 was discontinued december of 2007.  i got mine when i first saw they hit the market (around april, 2006) so if what wiki reports is true (something that can often be questioned), the revolvers sure weren't around for long.

i can't imagine they were discontinued for any service reason.  the darn revolver's as blocky and sturdily built as any of the smith & wesson .500's i've held and shot.

strange.

Mauserfan in TX

Well klallen, i appreciate your intrest. I went back to the Tarurs website and looked at the R.B 500's again. HTey have them posted, but if you look closely at one of them at the bottom of they page thy carry it as discontinued. Weird even still the "BUY NOW'' tab still works, but would'nt let me buy one. Go figure. Usually, when a company gets tight lipped on a request for info it's because a law suit is afoot. I can only guess......
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

drinksgin (deceased)

Try CDNN at Abilene, they have a site and often  have Taurus closeouts.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Tags: