Reloading vs. Reloading

Started by Kit, January 08, 2005, 11:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kit

There seems to be no specific forum for all the mfg. ammo questions that come up -- might we add a sub-forum in either "Guns & Ammo" or "Reloading" for *Manufactured (or Commercial) Ammo* posts?

~Kit
  :rolleyes:

Jay Edward (deceased)

I guess I'm not understanding Kit...the 'Reloading Forum' is for ammunition of any type, whether it is manufactured or home made.

We usually have quite a discussion before adding any more forums since it can get so cumbersome and specific that we have to continually move threads to the correct forum.

It's kinda like creating 'files' on the hard drive.  If there are too many levels, then you kind of forget where to go.  Originally we had ammunition mixed in with the firearms and Raven created the 'Reloading Form' to keep from having to search to deep for a specific thread when the posting gets hot and heavy.  Then the 'Blackpowder Forum' was split off to make it easier for those that didn't want to have to wade through the 'smokeless' to find what they were interested in.

There would have to be quite a few threads generated to make it worthwhile to create a new forum.  Right now It doesn't seem to be so active that there is a problem...or is there?

Kit

Quote from: Jay EdwardI guess I'm not understanding Kit...the 'Reloading Forum' is for ammunition of any type, whether it is manufactured or home made.
OK then it was me who was not understanding - thanks for clarifying!  :o:D:cool:
 ~Kit

Jay Edward (deceased)

Please don't feel embarrassed Kit...those of us who have been in firearms, custom firearms, ammunition, ballistics & reloading for a while tend to forget that others might not be able to always follow what we are speaking about.

My sons do this to me with computers...they spit out letter sequences like machineguns and I'm always scramblin' to catch up and figure it out.

There is a redeeming quality to this site...we figure the only stupid question is the one not asked.  Many of us here very much want to turn over the knowledge we've acquired to those who honestly wish to know...and we can't do that unless we're asked.

I guess this post is not just for you but for anyone who tends to haunt the site without asking questions for fear that we will laugh at them or ridicule them.  I can tell any of you who see this post that it just ain't gonna happen.  Moderators and Administrators are like terriers on a rat when that happens.

Got kinda carried away Kit but it seemed like a window of opportunity.;)

45-70 Rifleman

Quote...the 'Reloading Forum' is for ammunition of any type, whether it is manufactured or home made.

I see Kit's point, Jay.   Maybe if you renamed the forum something like "Ammo and Reloading" instead of just "Reloading".  Just a suggestion.

[/color][/size]

Jay Edward (deceased)

Tags: