THL Internet Postal Shoot

Started by 22hornet, March 04, 2011, 04:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

Quote from: buckshot roberts;111847Here is mine.............
Savage model 340........made around 1950...........
\
Using 30/30 Winchester 150 grain silver tip........

Ron
[/I]

Ron, that is without a doubt the finest shooting I have ever seen. Why aren't you on the Olympic team?:COOLdude: Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

buckshot roberts

To old an I pull a pull a cork:stars:........Rick that model 340 and the 30/30 are on the money @ 100 yards.........past that it's not that good..............each summer I have range qualification......@ 100 yards standing.... Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

Quote100 yards......standing...no rest.......5 10's
:eek::eek::eek:

Shoot! I'm not even gonna get my rifles out after seeing that!

You win!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

Great shooting Ron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am impressed!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

buckshot roberts

hey Paul, guy's.......Don't pull out..............I'm removing myself.....from the shoot...in center-fire.......I'd like to see everybody shoot..............I'm out

here is my old savage .22..............

1- 10 3- 9's an and 8..............
.......Ron

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

branxhunter

Stop embarrassing us Ron!

That's some great shooting - the .30-30 particularly so. Who needs a scope when you can shoot like that???

Marcus

gitano

Too late to 'pull out', Ron. You can't unring a bell. ;)

No need to anyway. I'm still gonna shoot, and I'm sure everyone else will too. We're just impressed with  your prowess. I'm picking you when it comes to picking teams for a shootout!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buffalo bob

scope on my 338 died so i dug out my ruger #1. stainless, synthetic, 416 rigby. cheap tasco 3-9 scope. may enter again with my wby but this is my most favoritest gun i own. 5 shot group lets you know you are alive. a doctor once told me pain was a sign of life.

gitano

Nice shootin'! 350-grain bullet and 105 grains of powder - RecoilJunky should be showing up soon!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Holy Smokes Batman......Looks like a 47 from here! Great shooting! Did you lose any fillings??:stars: Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

buckshot roberts

416........nice......:laugh:.........Ron

recoil junky

Nice group with the .416 buff. Paul knew I'd sniff it out!!

I WILL get some paper shot here soon. I probably won't shoot anything over the .243 at  this point anyway. :frown

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

recoil junky

OK, we've decided on distances for rifles. What's the distance for handguns?  25 yards?

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

recoil junky

I got out the handguns today and did a bit of tuning, then some shots on paper. Noting spectacular by any means as you will see as you read/view on. All targets were shot @ 25 yards.

First up, the GP161 .357. 170 grain 358429's, 4 grains Bullseye, Federal SP primer, WW brass.

OK, that was good, I'd better keep shooting before I get "cold".

Here's the Redhawk 44 mag. 250 grain 429421's, 5.5 grains Bullseye, RP brass, Fed LP primers.

Not too bad, but wait it gets better.

Next is the Mark II. I used Federal Highpower 22 lr. I think they are 30 grain bullets.

I shoulda quit while I was ahead.

Finally the 1911 Springfield 45ACP, shooting 230 grain American Eagles. Here's the comic relief part. :MOGRIN:

If you are in danger and I have my 1911 in my hand RUN!!!!!! Not from me, but from whatever the danger is. :jumpingsmiley:

RJ

recoil junky

OK, now for a couple old and dear 22's.

First up is the Winchester Model 90 22WRF Takedown (22 special) Made in 1921 or 22, it was handed down from my Grandfather (who I never met) Ammo is Winchester 45 grain FP

Not the best group I know, but for me with my glasses and open sights :jumpingsmiley: (note to self: WEAR YOUR CONTACTS STUPID!!!)

Now for the Nylon 11. Made in 1963, it still carries the Bushnell Banner 4X scope it "came" with. This is the rifle I learned to shoot with sitting on Dad's knee. Dad "gave" it to me in 1964. I got to keep it in my room, but the shells and magazine were locked in the gun cabinet. Things were different then. Oh, the adventures this kid had with this rifle!!!

Shown here in it's Nylon 11 Tactical mode :biggthumpup:

Ammo is Winchester 36 grain hollow point

Now it's time to get serious. Tomorrow it'll be time for the varmint rigs!!!

RJ

Tags: