The buck hunting is over

Started by sakorick, November 22, 2012, 06:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

At least for rifle season....we still have a ML season to go and I need to kill a doe for eats. Pictured is Dwaine's 16 pointer. He had so many points broken off from fighting there were few nice points left. He is about the gnarliest buck I ever saw. I passed on 3 decent bucks as they were just on the short side. All in all it was a terrific hunt and I saw at least 150 deer......32 in one day. They sure are hammering my green browse plots. I also got my deer back from the taxidermist from last year and he looks great next to Eric's trophies. Regards, Rick.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

davidlt89

Quoteand I saw at least 150 deer.
I have not seen that many in the last 15 years!!!!! definitely a nice looking mount Rick!!! will be waiting to see pics of your doe!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Hunterbug

That's a cool buck! Last years was nice too.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Took a small doe tonight......Field dressed at 110 pounds. That's all I need to charge the freezer for the year. 35 Whelen with a 225gr Sierra....boom, splat. Love that 35! Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

Quote from: sakorick;123086....boom, splat. Love that 35! Regards, Rick.

Yup!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Tags: