RFM shotguns

Started by farmboy, March 25, 2015, 02:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

I purchased a shotgun from this small factory today they are all hand built and they make around 800 shoguns a year there are 17 people that work there I am really excited about my purchase pictures to follow. The web address is //www.rfmarmi.it  Decided I would try a different company after I was told that Franchi did not parts support there guns after they were out of production for five years so it eliminated Beretta and Benelli as well. So I am going to try this RFM.

sakorick

So what model did you purchase? What was the cost? What kind if warranty? What is it chambered in? They look very nice.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

farmboy

I bought an SK over under in 3 inch 12 gauge and a Zeus side x side in 3 inch twenty gauge the Zeus is the TS ice frame and the SK is the case hardened frame both came with the premium case and both came with five choke tubes. All in including tax was five.

sakorick

Quote from: farmboy;138225I bought an SK over under in 3 inch 12 gauge and a Zeus side x side in 3 inch twenty gauge the Zeus is the TS ice frame and the SK is the case hardened frame both came with the premium case and both came with five choke tubes. All in including tax was five.

Wow! a great deal. Can't wait to see the pics!

farmboy

Well the SK was less .money than a basic Browning field grade in Canada then I got the case and personally I think it is more comparable to a higher grade Browning than the basic one. So I spent to much but I will enjoy them. I sold three old trucks last summer off the farm and it bought these plus last summers purchase's. These are going to be more fun and a couple of old cab over three tons and an old pickup. They look and feel good so hoping that they will last a long time.

sakorick

Creative financing too!  A nice used Citori runs 2K here and that's for a field grade. From what I saw of the pictures, those guns all looked to have upgraded wood. The choke pictures were a bit confusing.

farmboy

The wood on the ones I bought is not as classy as the web site wood but better than run of the mill Remington or Winchester wood if that makes sense.

farmboy

The wood to metal fitting is as good as I have ever looked at.

gitano

Quote from: farmboy;138234The wood to metal fitting is as good as I have ever looked at.
That's what one should expect from "hand made", and what one rightlfully pays for. I've looked at several shotgun manufacturers in the past few years looking for shotguns for my daughters. Based on what I've seen, the prices you paid are on the low side for the quality of gun you bought. It's tough to find new, high quality SxS shotguns for less than $2000. Autos are a bit different, but their in the high teens to start with from what I've seen. I suspect that the SxS will last for generations and should be a great pheasant and Hungarian partridge gun.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your guns.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: