47 year old reloader save

Started by sakorick, February 11, 2016, 10:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

That interesting as well fiocchi is Italian andcheddite is French unless they also have a plant in Italy.

gitano

I don't pay much attention to shotshell 'stuff', and even less to reloading or quality of ammo. If it 'shoots', I'm pretty much OK with it. Again, I'm neither a competitive or even recreational 'target' shotgun shooter. I have shot several hundred trap 'birds' in my life, but not a thousand, and maybe about the same of skeet. There are LOTS of folks that shoot that much in a month!

Paul

PS - Rick makes 'em for about 21 cents per round, I can buy them at Cabelas for 27 cents a round. I'm OK with the extra 6 cents a round. If I could get the rifle ammo I WANT for that differential AND it shot a good as my reloads, I'd probably have to give up reloading. HOWEVER, 'high powered' rifle ammo - even the ubiquitous .30-06 or .300 Win Mag ammo - is AT LEAST $2 per round up here. There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that ammunition manufacturing industry will EVER make the rifle ammo I want. Fifteen or 20 years ago, a fellow I know bought a Marlin "Alaskan Guide Gun" (PTOOEY) in .45-70 Gov't. A box of 20 factory loads was $78. I was floored! I offered to reload for him, telling him that I could do it for about $12 per box of 20. He couldn't believe it and declined my offer. Gotta love the brainwashing of gunwriters (ptooey)!

Paul

PPS - I think comparing the ammo I bought with Rick's handloads wasn't exactly comparing "real" apples to apples above. I "don't care" about shotgun ammo as long as it shoots. On the other hand, Rick's handloads are "premium" ammo. I'm sure factory ammo of comparable quality would be at least three times as much.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: