Brass tumbler

Started by Hunterbug, January 06, 2017, 07:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

Quote from: gitano;146915Even when mine was in "like new" condition, if I put it in the basement and closed the door, I could still hear it upstairs. And that's with 2 inches of concrete (gypcrete) on every floor. It is loud.

Paul
Is yours an old Lyman? I have a really old Lyman I was looking for one that was old enough to have still been made in the USA. I had not thought mine was that load although I don't have much hearing left.

gitano

Quote from: farmboy;146916Is yours an old Lyman?
I think so. I think Lyman "owns" 'orange'. It has served me well and I have certainly gotten my money's worth out of it. But it is loud.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

I also have a thumblers tumbler that is a bit bigger and a bit faster. But I like the smaller Lyman better. I would not be against a 600 if I found one at the right money.

Paul Hoskins

I have used the Midway vibrating tumbler for years. Wore out two bowls & replaced them. They eventually wear thru in the bottom from use. Walnut hull media is bad for wearing out bowls. I quit using it. The old Midway tumbler is noisy but I'm mostly deaf anyway & pay little attention to the noise. It irks Muffin & she lets me know. ;).....Paul H

Tags: