22lr centrefire

Started by branxhunter, April 30, 2018, 04:42:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

branxhunter

Saw this on Saubier - 25ACP brass swaged down to create a 22lr centrefire that uses a small (I assume pistol) primer. It is in the 'Project Guns' section I n the thread titled '77/22 bolt conversion'.

Photos of the cases here:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOAD5ouOJIR8p8xvVvaDMCyu319lGe4dY9gcekqWKoVJgR69aNPdv34QLFxYEsUXg?key=UmY0eUNQZ3BlZ1g5RDVvcDZqanN3Y3loeWY0anl3

Marcus

gitano

Interesting! (You KNEW I'd be interested in a wildcat!)

I've got a bunch of .25 ACP cases. Now all I need are a barrel, a receiver, stock, and reamer. :)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

I  may be wrong but I don't think a small pistol primer will create enough pressure to propel a 40 grain lead bullet out the muzzle of an 18 or 20 inch barrel without powder. I made up a gun in 17 caliber that uses 209 shotgun primers & it wouldn't propel a 25 grain jacketed bullet  out the muzzle. It did drive it about 14 inches into the rifling. I think I still have that gun around here somewhere. Necking the 25 ACP to 22 caliber is nothing new. It was done 50 years ago or more. ........Paul H

gitano

QuoteNecking the 25 ACP to 22 caliber is nothing new. It was done 50 years ago or more.
It was? Hmm.

I looked into it yesterday, and in the end, I decided that the .22 Hornet or Jet would scratch that itch sufficiently for me. If I were going to do any more small-caliber wildcats, I'd rather the .25 Hornet.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Paul Hoskins

Paul, a 25 Hornet would make a nice little cartridge in 25 caliber. It's not too far from the old 25 Win. SS cartridge. I loved the 25-20 SS I had on a Win. Lo Wall action. Killed lots of groundhogs with it walking the fence row's around here years ago. It had a 4X Malcom scope on it is target mounts. I may have give Rick the scope. For some reason it only shot 90 grain spritzer bullets good. The bore was rough as a gravel road. .......Paul H

gitano

QuoteThe bore was rough as a gravel road. .......Paul H
I have a South American Mauser that has the roughest barrel of any rifle I own; BY A LONG SHOT. It is the proverbial "sewer pipe". It is also the straightest-shooting 7x57 Mauser I own, and I own a few of them.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Paul, I happen to have a Contender action with nothing to do. That might be a good choice with a stock and get a 25 caliber barrel.........
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

"We should talk" HB.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Quote from: gitano"We should talk" HB.

Paul

I'll call you tonight.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: