Back in the day trouting

Started by chromage, June 14, 2005, 06:53:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromage

After a hard day's work on the farm, the mournings quest for trout was much anticipated. The rooster crowed at the break of dawn and no sooner we were off to the river. After 30 minutes of crawling and busting through brush, we finally arrived at the honey hole. Chris was ready and wacked a fish right away while I was tying my rig up. Talking about rigs, they consist of clear bobbers, a few splitshots, and a size 8 - 12 hook. Chris started off with wigglers until I made my first cast and caught a rainbow on a waxies. The bite was on all mournin long until our limit was filled in a little over an hour.

Now it's back to the farm for a long hard day of work, with the thought of fresh trout for dinner to keep us going.

Hunterbug

That's a nice mess of fish. One of these days we'll have to introduce you to the world of catch and release. ;)
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Gmoney

lol Hbug......here in a few months we'll be living off those things for a week.....we'll release a few....:)
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

Hunterbug

Quote from: Gmoneylol Hbug......here in a few months we'll be living off those things for a week.....we'll release a few....:)
You hope, you haven't cought them yet. ;)  I wouldn't want to keep all the fish that I catch because I wouldn't want to eat that much fish and I wouldn't want to stop fishing after one or two fish which is all I would want to eat.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Gmoney

Very true my friend but I have caught them everytime I've been up there....:)   We''ll throw back some of them obviously and after this trip I will not eat trout again until the next time we go because I got sick of them last time on about day 4..:)
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

chromage

I release a TON of fish every year. Were having two fish fry's this weekend with our families. Funny, month ago I was fishing with a guy who wanted to release everything we caught. Now I am fishing with a guy that wants to keep every legal fish possible.

Anyways, these fish were taken for good use. They will more then likely die in a week or two because the water is way to warm where they plant these fish. The term put and take really takes in affect here. The temps around here have been hitting 90's almost everyday. Those trout won't survive in that weather.

I'll be at it again tomarrow, maybe with my flyrod.

Tags: