Hard times on fawns

Started by redrover, June 26, 2005, 05:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redrover

I went for a walk 6-24 and found a fawn leg  and some goose feathers. Looks like another good predator season in Upper Michigan
Redrover

Gmoney

Yuppers, nature can seem harsh at times but that is the way it has been, is, and always will be....:)  those leg bones seem a little hard and tough to me as well....:)
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

redrover

Yeah, it's gonna be pretty harsh for the coyotes soon too. LOL
Redrover

Gmoney

If you find a spot with some old bones or some fresh kills or if you kill anything and leave it this could be a good area to hunt......even after they have finished off all the meat or whatever they will continue to frequent that area to check on their "spot"........this is what I have found to be true.....
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

redrover

I've been pondering using a fawn decoy.
The danger is becoming  traveing circus with all the gear
Redrover

varmint hunter

seen lots of that stuff. dont mean to be rude but i dont think that it necessarily means really a good season. u just gotta see what games out there i guess!.

redrover

I don't think your rude at all Varmint Hunter.
But it's going to be a good season.
We went back a week later and a fawn was screaming about 100 yrds away
and there's been plenty of tracks.
I know you have foxes, but do you have coyotes in Australia?
Redrover

redrover

Well, the results are in!
We got 27 coyotes between 3 hunters in a years time.

Last year while hunting we saw little to no yearlings with the does. This year with clear sailing for the fawns we had double fawns with nearly alll the does.
The coyote hunting got a lot harder with a lot less tracks in this area.

Looks like it may work to control predators in a given area.

i'll keep you posted

Redrover

buckshot roberts

;) Gmoney, so were  i've been finding grouse feathers this years, and very little grouse, I saw one last week, and shot at it, I'm not much on hunt'n them, so they well come back and check the area out from time to time, I'll set a trap today if it stops raining.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: