NEED HELP- Knives

Started by Rohann, December 13, 2005, 06:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stryker

Rohann,
the hollow grind will stay sharper longer, but it is harder to sharpen. You need a sharpening wheel to put a hollow grind on. If you use a stone to sharpen it, you'll have to put a new edge on it. I put a flat edge on a knfe of mine that came hollow ground a few years ago and it was quite a bit of work with just stones. My dad has a wheel and keeps his knives sharp enough to shave with.
- Mark

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wonderng if they made a difference. The MARINES don\'t have that problem."
- President Ronald Reagan 1985

Rohann

Thanks. Can a hollow grind be potentially sharper than a flat grind, or will it just stay sharp longer?

-Rohann

Rohann

Okay, well after some very thought-provoking coin flipping, I've decided on the D2 Extreme Fighting/Utility knife. What do you guys think?

-Rohann

buckshot roberts

;) Rohann, Hey with me it's the good ole Ka-Bar, When I was in the Phillippines get'n my jungle train'n, I got my hands on one of those old Batangas knifes, not like that junk you see today, but with horn handles, Had to give her up to the M.P.'s, Before I left.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: