17hmr??? Should I Get One???

Started by buckfever, December 16, 2005, 12:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I've only sold one rifle in my life, and that to a friend here on THL recently. I'm selling the 17 HMR I bought when they first came out. (It's in the THL Classifieds.) That should indicate my opinion of them.

Sav17 and others in Great Britain are not only allowed to use, but are encouraged to use, "silencers". They call them suppressors 'over there'. That changes matters no small bit. You'll also note Sav17's qualifiers for the 17 HMR even for fox. Based on my personal experience, I concur whole-heartedly.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckfever

well i got a 17 hmr for christmas its a ruger 77/17 the trigger is alittle heavy is there any modifications or an aftermarket trigger for it????:D
The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.;)

redrover

My brother picked up a 17 and it's taken out two of the bigger coyotes i've seen like its no one's business without damage to the fur, but we have woody, hilly terrain so your shot is rarely beyond 60 yards. if you have close shooting I'd say its ok, but  anything in the open beyond 100 and your just asking for extra tracking practice.

Redrover

buckfever

The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.;)

redrover

Go to varmintal.com. They've got .17 testing—with photos.
Redrover

kilkritrsnow

Heck yeaa!!! A HMRR is the next best thng since sliced bread, my recommedation is the Wally china, Marlin 917v bull barrel try it you will like it !!!!!!!!:D

Tags: