It's just around the corner!!!!!!!

Started by Mauserfan in TX, September 09, 2006, 06:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauserfan in TX

Well Gang, Bow season for Whitetails is almost upon us. I KNOW all of you are ready right? How many of you are going to shoot Traditional gear this year? Or how many of you shoot a compound with a sight aid?
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

Vermonster

Mine's already been here for a week...... :p

Haven't been yet though...... :o

Going out on Thursday if I can get off from work.  Feeling sorta sick.... *Cough, *Cough.... :D

buckshot roberts

:D It opens here this friday, I'm going to try and use a crossbow;) this will be my first bow hunt, we can take does in my zone with bows only, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Marlin917VS

Sep 30'th is the first day for us.  Me and a friend have a bunch of stands set up around his house, and I'll be ordering a climber within the next week.  We've been scouting around his house and have seen a lot of signs.  We also went spotting friday night and saw 50 deer, 10 definant bucks and the rest were either does or were too far away to tell for sure.  We also saw a coyote which niether of us had ever seen before so that was a plus as well.  I'm getting really excited already.  I bought some new camo a while ago and it blends in really good where I'll be hunting.  It's realtree hardwoods hd green.  Well good luck everyone who's season has already started.  I'll be waiting for stories and pictures of a monster buck!!

Andy
"If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil."

The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms, a baked potato, and some A-1 Steak sauce...

Antler3

Hey ! Yep I'm ready for sure. I am shooting a compound with sights. Still new at it, but been practicing. Step-father brought over his 3-d deer target and we done some shooting. Got my automatic feeder up last weekend. First experience with one. Don't know how long the feed will last. It's a 6.50 gallon. I got it set on low dispensing and it goes off three times a day. I've gotta go check it shortly and see what it's doing and if it still has feed. I'm gonna try rattling this year for the first time too. Lots of new things to play with this year. COME ON OCTOBER 1ST !!! Good luck to ya'll, I'm looking forward to some good stories !
ANTLER 3

Antler3

Well went up and checked the feeder. The deer had been there, looked as though they'd just found it. Saw tracks around , but still some feed on the ground. The feeder only had about two inches left in the bottom, so looks like will have to fill it once a week. On the way, through an open field ,saw a good size flock of turkey. Wasn't too far from the feeder, maybe they'll mosey through and give me a chance for a turkey dinner ;).
ANTLER 3

Mauserfan in TX

Howdy Antler3 and Andy, With the drought as bad as it has been, A food sourse with water close by should be an excellent place to be. Good luck to you all and to you too Ron with your Crossbow. Those things are fun to shoot.
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

davidlt89

Special archery starts here in maine on Oct. 1st. This is the first year I am going to seriously try to get a deer with the bow. Hoping to get a shot at a big fat doe. We planted a food plot this year so I will see how that works out. I shot a bear last year with it and it was awsome. We have a choice of either shooting a buck or doe up here with bow so that is appealing also. Good luck Ron on your first hunt, hope to see a story posted up here the day after your hunt. Good luck to everyone and Godbless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Mauserfan in TX

Well I am ready too. I will using my Bowtech compound and Muzzy broadheads. I have got a sweet spot picked out. I passed up a lot of oppourtunities last year. The freezer was still full of venison and pork from the previous season, so i "donanted my spots" to friends who had never deer hunted before. This time however my freezer  has plenty of room in it. So be buck or doe , if it's brown it's going down.Good Luck to you all, Danny
8\'s is Great
Col Charles Askins

Tags: