Which rifle do you like the best?

Started by Happycamper, March 18, 2007, 10:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrthrn_maine_hunter

Some things are real whether you believe in them or not!

Alton R Dillon

If you hand load, you can get the most enjoyment from a bolt action.  it doesn't matter  to me what brand it is , as long as the rifle has a good feel when you shoulder it.  Most all new rifles will shoot plenty well enough for hunting.  Also there are plenty of aftermarket devices to help you improve on your firearm choice too.  I think what feels good in your hands  will make you want that rifle to go hunting with.  I own several rifles I am proud of  and shoot well too.  My Dad's old enfield is a club but has taken more deer and elk than I care to count. Don't worry they all got eaten.  My first rifle was a remington 700 , I stilll own it . this 30.06 shot very well right out of the box. I have killed more game with it than any of my others. I suppose that was because I had it when I was younger and able to run over the hills like a deer.  Now I have a couple rifles I built with sako actions which I  like too.  One in 30-338 , the other I take on elk hunts now because of the big bears, is a 375 h&h . I love the way it shoots with a mussle brake there is not much recoil. But Man what noise!  I have had weatherbys and other custom guns which were a disapointment but good trading material. we  also have a win model 70 300 mag that is a fine rifle too  a ruger 243 a remington 243 a cz 30.06  a savage 223 and a few rim fire 22's  they seem to become part of the family.

magnum

I'm a Winchester (pre '64) Model 70 fwt fan, so I'll have to say Winchester.

babbyc1000

right, i know ive posted before, but im doing it again. my ruger 10/22. cos its cool!!!
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

handgunhunter

you didnt mention the perfect action ever built the weatherby mark 5 hands down the best ever developed:biggthumpup:  but from the list it would be rem only for the fact their a dime a dozen.... everyone has one :sleeping:

queen of the woods

I like a Browning myself.  But like a lot of folks around here I have some of the following....... Henry, Winchester, Savage, Browing, Ruger.
I\'d rather hunt with Dick Chaney than ride with Ted Kennedy

mtsharps

I like savage but hunt now with a sharp and a kimber

Tags: