Proposed OSHA shipping regulations.

Started by Smokepole, July 06, 2007, 10:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smokepole

June 29, 2007: ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Proposed OSHA shipping regulations.
You have until 7-12-07 to contact your Senators, Congressmen, NRA, NMLRA or any other group you think can help us get the proposed regulation defeated. If the proposed regulations are made into law, it will be impossible, or very, very expensive to ship black powder, smokeless powder, or primers by UPS or FedEX. We will post any news as we receive it. July 12, 2007 is the last date for public comments. We don't know when the law would take effect if passed.

This is a warning from Powder Inc. Powder Inc. is where I purchase bulk black powder.

The proposal is big and would destroy black powder ownership for sure but it would destroy gun ownership as we know it too. Among aspects of the proposal are:

A) A change in our current laws which would disallow the sale of any explosive (black powder) in the same shop that sells guns.

B) A change in the law which would demand that any outlet that sells explosives have emergency exits set up so that in the event of thunderstorm everyone could (and MUST) evacuate the building.

If you take the time to read through all the "whoppla" you will see that it affects small arms ammunition, primers, etc. It seems that another approach to gun control is in the works.

Gunslingergirl

Man, I've seen this everywhere.  It is good the hunting community is mobilizing.  

GSG
We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

tfrank

How to post a comment to OSHA Please make your voice heard!!!

Looks like someone is trying to be sneaky. Our guns won't be of too much use if we can't get ammo for them.:mad:  DO SOMETHING NOW, instead of whinning about it after the fact:(
http://www.nssf.org/news/PR_idx.cfm?PRloc=common/PR/&PR=BP070207.cfm
Here are the step by step instructions on how to post a comment. You may want to have that first post minimized and a 2nd HuntersLife.com window open so that you can quickly and easily refer back to the instructions for making your comment.
God Bless, Frank.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTING A COMMENT!!!!!!!
1.   Clink on the link at the top this post and go to a page on the NSSF website.
2.   Find the "TEMPLATE LETTER" about 2/3rds down on the left side. Click on it. Fill in the date at the top
      and type in you name at the bottom. Then do the CTRL-C thing to put it into the computers short
      term memory. Click on the BACK BUTTON and go to the bottom of the page
      and click on the link "www.regulations.gov" close to the bottom of that page.
3.   Find 'ALL DOCUMENTS OPEN FOR PUBLIC COMMENT" and click on it. In the PAGE BOX type in
      COLOR=Red]18[/COLOR] and hit the ENTER button.
4.   About the middle of this page find "OSHA-2007-0032-0001" Title is "EXPLOSIVES". On the right you
      will find a yellow/gold ballon, put the curser on it, it should say "add comments", click on it.
5.   This opens a new page. In the "SUBMITTER INFORMATION" section fill in the appropriate fields. (I
      found that it also works to just type "private" in places that you don't want publicized, like your
      street address) Courtesy of JetGirl

6.   Then find the "GENERAL COMMENTS" box on the same page and do the CTRL-V thing to paste
      you "TEMPLATE LETTER" into the comments box.
7.   Go to the bottom of this page and click on the "NEXT STEP" box. If the same page come back up you
      didn't fill out something correctly on this page. Check the "Submitter Information" section. Red type
      to the right of any field is why it won't accept your comment. I put a period behind my middle initial
      and that field only allows ONE CHARACTOR. I deleted the period and it went through just fine!!! You
      even get a confirmation number of sorts so you can find "Your Comment"
So now that you know HOW to submit a comment PLEASE submit one!!!

Alboy

wELL i WENT AND DID ALL OF THAT. pRETTY CONFUSING WEB SITE TO ME AND i HOPE i DID IT RIGHT.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

knuckledragger

Not everyone gets a trophy.

Tags: