New Recipes.......

Started by Vermonster, July 30, 2007, 09:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vermonster

Man, this forum has gotten DEAD.........   Let's start posting some killer recipes again folks!!!!  After all, most of us hunt for the meat anyway, right?????? :biggthumpup:

RatherBHuntin

Here's a reliable one....take one fresh backstrap, cut into 1.5" thick pieces, salt, pepper, grill for 3 minutes per side, eat!  If necessary, garnish with young poke salad and serve with a baked potato and or beans and Texas Toast.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

queen of the woods

I\'d rather hunt with Dick Chaney than ride with Ted Kennedy

davidlt89

texas toast!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my 18 month old would live off it if we let him.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

RatherBHuntin

No "cooking" involved. Just threw it all on the grill after adding some dry rub to the meat.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Gunslingergirl

We still do not know one-thousandth of one percent
of what nature has revealed to us.
Albert Einstein

MrRee

Oh bull ticky !!this is so dead I guess I will have to tell a secrete recipe !!

You all have those old neck roasts ect that get shove to the back of the freezer till you give them away ??

Well try this on one !!

S & P it and add a generous amount of garlick powder .  Add more garlic powder because that was not enough !!!

rub brown sugar into the meat,  at least a cup full or more as you will not get too much,

Make a thing with the heavy duty aluminanun foil to completely hold this and a bottle of liquid tight that will not leak it out..  now add a full small bottle of Kikkoman soy sauce  to it.   DO NOT USE LA CHOY!!!  

Its good to sprinkle crushed red pepper on the meat now to.

Wrap this all up with several layer of foil !!  I use about 10 or 12 depending on if a layer got a puncture.  cook this at 350 in an electric roasteror or whatever for 8 to 10 hours !!

Yes!  It takes a long **** time !!  but is well worth it & you will want to do do this again once you try it.
Democrats kill more people with their DRIVEING than Republicans do with their GUNS !!!

Gunslingergirl

I'm guessing you shouldn't be on a low sodium diet if you want to eat that.  Sure sounds good though.
Albert Einstein

RatherBHuntin

GSG,
Thats looks like suspiciously like a brisket I had in Texas, and it was gooooooood.  I thought this particular Texan had lost his mind cooking a brisket like that in the oven, and I was gonna report him to the local paper for not cooking a brisket on the grill or smoker, but it really did taste good.

I just may have one of those neck roasts left, have to give it a try.
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

Daryl (deceased)

GSG,

Not necessarily.

Sounds like you can lightly salt it.  No salt in garlic powder.

;)

I still have a few buffalo roasts in the freezer, so I'm gonna try this one.  What's left after a year and a half are the lower quality roasts, so I'll let you know how it turns out. ;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Gunslingergirl

Daryl,

There's a whole bottle of Kikkoman soy sauce on it.  There's a ton of salt in soy sauce.  
Still, it does sound awfully good.  

When you try it, definitely let us know how it turns out.

GSG
Albert Einstein

bowhunter 51

Sure  does sound good, GS'girl....salt is my favorite spice next to cayenne
pepper...Brown sugar and K'sauce?...that's tha trick...I may do that and
call it McRee's bull ticky venison roast!...Yea!...and, hey...RBH, that grilled
stuff with the skewers, ... Excellent!:biggthumpup: .... that's  bowhunter food!..BH51
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

MrRee

RatherBhunting,
Thats where I learned it :)  Lived in Texas for 10 years.
I took the way one friend did it on the grill and the way another did it in his restaraunt.  I took the parts I liked from each and came up with this one.   Just did brisket at first, then tried it on a neck roast I had no way I liked to fix.  It came out great! :)   ONLY way I make any deer roast anymore:)  Try it & I am sure you will love it.  Even people who say they don't like vension seem to pig out when I do it this way.  I just don't tell them what it is :)
Democrats kill more people with their DRIVEING than Republicans do with their GUNS !!!

MrRee

Bowhunter51

How the heck do you get McRee from my name ???   It was intended to be another way to spell Mystery, like a novel.  

You been going to McDonalds a lot ???

MrRee

ok,  here is another one that has salt in it :)

Matador.
1, 10 oz pkg of egg noodles
2 or more lbs of ground beef or vension  ( I like more meat in my food)
3 tsp salt , for your low sodiam diet! :)
3 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1 -16 oz can tomatoes
2 -8 oz cans tomatoe sauce
1 cup sour cream ( I dump the whole tub in)
1 - 8oz pkg of cream cheese
6 green onions (chopped)   I just use half a small sweet one.
1 cup  greated cheese  ( I use the whole darn pkg of sheeder cheese)

Cook the noodles as directed, & drain them.
Brown the beef or vension with the salt, sugar, & pepper  in a very large skillet.
Add the tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, and garlic and cook over LOW heat for 10 min.

Now add the noodles, sour cream,cream cheese, and onions, stir it all up.

Place in a casserole dish and cover it with cheese.

Bake for about 35 min. at 350 degrees

I am not gonna tell any more recipes until you people come back and share YOURS!!!!

But if you just try these recipes I have posted, I am sure you will love them !!!!

Now tell me some of your great recipes !!!!

Tags: