Stock options/choice .... help or suggestions

Started by Brithunter, July 12, 2014, 01:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

OK the BSA P-14 sporter in .303 British that needs a new stock is foremost in my mind at the moment. Originally I had the idea of getting a Boyds RIA Walnut stock but it's now been so long they don't offer that now. The current offerings for the P-14 Enfield are walnut in Prairie Hunter or Classic but that is priced at $119 and they won't ship anything expect shotgun stocks abroad that costs over $100 USD.

The laminate version however is under the $100 limit but I have never been keen on laminates. If i have to go this route then i suppose the Nutmeg is the best option:-

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product.htm?pid=17450&cat=1223

Your thoughts or/and suggestions would be most appreciated.
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

Eric loves his nutmeg Boyds on a K98 action('06AI). It looks great and shoots .5 MOA.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Brithunter

Ahhh Rick ............................. got any photos of it Please ..................................... pretty please :bowdown: ?

The ones on Boyds site don't exactly do the stocks any justice.
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

Here is Eric with his 12 point. It's a Boyd's thumbhole Nutmeg. I ordered it unfinished and finished it with the Gun sav' r matte spray. It was a perfect drop in once the side safety was dremeled out. The barrel channel was just big enough to leave the barrel floated with a med sporter contour. Pic 2 is my buck with the same gun.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Brithunter

Dunno what it is but am still undecided......................... this is what the stock is needed for:-

That's not it's original stock just one I had about and it's a P-H sporter/target stock from one of their budget conversions from decades back. I also have an original military stepped magazine and guard as well as the BSA straightened one. The receiver is also D&T'd for scope mounts.
Go Get them Floyd!

Tags: