.22 RimFire Postal Shoot

Started by gitano, April 09, 2016, 12:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

There hasn't been "explosive" interest in the following thread: http://thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18863, but there has been some, and I suspect there are more 'lurkers' than commenters. Therefore, and since it is Spring in the Northern Hemisphere, I thought there might be some interest in a THL Postal Shoot. (I think our Aussie and Kiwi friends can find some good weather for shooting. :))

We tried this in the past, and it fizzled. Maybe it was too complicated/constrained, so let's keep this first one simple. If 'we' like it, we can adjust as we feel like it. So shoot whatever you want (rimfire) with whatever ammo you want, and at what range and target you want. Post images here http://thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19021 at THL. After 'a bit' we'll 'compare notes' and see if we want to 'move on'. I can think of at least a dozen regulars at THL that should enjoy this.

I downloaded an armload of free targets from the 'net'. I have attached SOME of them (no selection) below. I'll get them all posted in future posts. Pick one of those or choose your own. Shoot. Post here. And give us the 'details'.

I'll send a "broadcast" PM to all the 'regulars' here and see if I can't gin some interest.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

More .22 RF targets.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

I sent emails to 134 THL members that have had some form of activity (including lurking), in the past 12 months. Many of those emails will go into "spam" boxes because they have a link to this thread, so if you didn't get one, check your spam box.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

Thanks, Paul.

I downloaded several for future use.

JaDub

recoil junky

Time to dust off the Nylon 11!! Just need to get the printer some ink.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Yur welcum, JaDub.

The one's I found 'interesting' - as opposed to just useful - were the ones that simulated 800 and 1000 yd "Palma" shoots. And now as I look at the list, I see those didn't make it. I'll add those to this post. One of the aspects of shooting at long range - 800 and 1000 yd - that can't be 'similated' with small targets is 'doping the wind'. The variation in wind velocity and direction over 100 yd cannot be compared to that that occurs over 800 or 1000 yd. Still, it will be fun to shoot those targets.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Quote from: recoil junky;144287Time to dust off the Nylon 11!! Just need to get the printer some ink.

RJ
Y'know, RJ, I used to put up with all of that printer ink and stuff but the blasted ink got so expensive ($40 per cartridge and more), and I can get files printed PRETTY easy and pretty cheap - no more than 10 cents a pop -  at Walgreens, Walmart, and the UPS Store (ptooey), that I just copy the files onto an SD card and take it to one of the above places. For a buck I can get 20 targets ($.05 per page of black and white). It's certainly not as convenient as printing them out at your convenience from your own computer, but for me, I decided to quite putting up with the hassle of maintaining a printer and the STUPID COST of those blasted cartridges.

Paul

PS - I just remembered that you don't even have to take your SD card to Walmart or Walgreens. You can do the printing from your machine at home and go to the store and pick them up.

Paul

PPS - Wrong about Walgreens. They only print photos from online.:stars:

Paul

PPPS - OK, so I was wrong about Walmart too.:help: Only pictures also. So... you can do it online with the UPS Store (ptooey), or you can take your SD card there and do it yourself. Of course it isn't 5 cents a copy at the UPS Store (ptooey), it's 9 cents a copy. I can guarantee that if it was 25 cents a copy I'd STILL do it. I HATE having to maintain printers and pay for printer cartridges!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

I could just draw some .. . . . . . :greentongue:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

That works too...

You can see that's exactly what I did for all the .22 testing I have been doing.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

Do you want them over a chronograph as well?

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

farmboy

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Yeah got fed up with inkjets too, have a colour laser now (ikkle home one) does all I need and the colour does not run in the rain....
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

jaeger88

j0e !. Are you implying that you've actually been shooting in the rain ?.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

gitano

Quote from: jaeger88;144308j0e !. Are you implying that you've actually been shooting in the rain ?.
jaeger - Are you implying he might melt?! He is, after all, a sugar-sweet kinda guy.:angel:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: