Parker Hale unveiled

Started by sakorick, June 03, 2005, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Banger

I think this 'Parker Hale Rifles A concentrated archive of threads' was a great idea!!

Thanks to everyone that made it happen,
Big Banger

Carbine

Hello all, just wanted to post a picture of a Parker Hale Safari Sporter I just picked up. It has the solid floor plate and the cut out in the left rail. Stock is oil finished walnut. Blued inserts have been placed where the iron sights were. Came from the same family who has owned it since new. It was purchased around 1965. .270 Win

Big Banger

Carbine

Thanks Mat! It was sold new in Edmonton, AB. I'm looking for an old school Weaver K-6 to get period glass onboard.

There are quite a few Parker Hales here in western Canada.  Some are well used, but just as many are minters.

The big gun show is in Calgary this weekend. I'll check out whats there for PH stuff. There are always a few.

Thanks to this thread I'll know better what I'm looking at.

Cheers,  Peter

Big Banger

I like those vintage Weavers, I put a K6 on my 30-06. I bought it from a guy in Edmonton, he a couple of them on ebay.
Good luck at the show,
Mat

dennism

Hi All,

I just picked up a Parker Hale 243 from a friend. It had been in storage for nearly 10 years. The bolt does not have matching number and is a bit tight locking down at the very end, so I will take it to gunsmith for a look.

I am wondering if you could help me identify it.

It has EB2 stamped in a circle on the bottom of the barrel, has PARKER HALE LTD. BIRMINGHAM ENGLAND stamped on top of barrel forward of rear sight, serial number is D07759, has the embossed floor plate, and black trigger. The trigger assembly has Parker Hale in raised lettering.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Dennis

Brithunter

Hi There,

Right you have a Model 1100 De Luxe made in 1979 and it sounds like the bolt needs adjusting as it should not be tight. The headspace it too tight as it is.

In fact that is not a P-H bolt at all but from another Mauser rifle. The bolt handle is the wrong profile but the photo of it is of the underside however I am pretty confident that I am right on this.

This is the profile fo the P-H bolt handle and that does not look the one in yours.
Go Get them Floyd!

dennism

Hi Brithunter,

Thanks very much for that.  Yours is in very nice condition.  I have taken a couple of photos with a setup more like yours.  I think maybe the bolt is a Parker Hale.  What do you think with the different angle.

Once again, thanks for your help. I am now off to wash the tablecloth before the mrs finds the oil stains I have made on it!

Dennis

Brithunter

Hmmm the shape is not right and I cannot see any Birmingham, prrofs on it so I still think it's not the right bolt. P-H electro etched the last 3 digits of the serial number on the bolt body and I don't see that either add to that the fact that the flat on the bolt knob is missing. All mine except the 1100 Lwt have this flat the Lwt has a hollowed bolt knob.

The only one with out these features is the 1100M which is a different action being of magnum length.

No that's not the correct bolt .................... hence the problem with it being too tight. I'd lay odds it's been stored with the bolt out AND they have got switched around :Banghead: .
Go Get them Floyd!

dennism

Thanks very much for your help Brithunter. I shall see how it goes with the gunsmith today.

Brithunter

OK please keep us informed.

Now since you first posted this another P-H has appeared with a full round bolt knob :undecided: just goes to show how much we have to learn. However I still think that unless you find the last three digits of the serial number on the underside of the bolt abd a Brimingham Proof mark then it's unlikely to be the original and correct bolt.
Go Get them Floyd!

Big Banger

Hi Guys,
I just found the correct magazine for my Parker Hale Custom No.4, it took a long time to find. The picture below shows the three different mags I have for the Parker Hale No.4 rifles.
From left to right:
5 round mag for the De Luxe No.4
5 round mag for the Custom and Supreme No.4
10 round mag for the Standard No.4

The next picture shows the bottom of the mags.
Notice the the flat bottom of the mag for the De Luxe No.4. It is a 10 round mag cut down with a flat piece of steel welded on it.
The 5 round mag for the Custom and Supreme has a nicely finished bottom like the 10 round mag, this mag was Made in Japan Expressly for Parker Hale.

The 5 round mag for the De Luxe No.4 actually holds 6 rounds. The 5 round mag for the Custom and Supreme No.4 holds 7 rounds.

dkota4103

hi, i finally found a site where they know something about parker-hale rifles. i finally found one for sale. the owner got it from his father and does not know when it was made. it looks like the pics brithunter had on post back in 2007 of his 1200v super. it has the gold trigger. on the of the barrell is parker- hale birmingham, eng. importer jana denver, col. it has the bnp under crown mark. also has (ab) with number 5 under ab. parker- hale england 98/148 on trigger. if brithunter can help. thank you.

Brithunter

If the AB is inside a circle or oval then it dates from 1975 without photos I cannot help much.
Go Get them Floyd!

dkota4103

thanks for the info.  yes  the ab is inside of an oval with the number  5  in the bottom of an underside down y

Tags: